The Planted Tank Forum banner

British Columbia - TPT Members

4K views 30 replies 21 participants last post by  Fathomit 
#1 ·
Hello anyone from the BC area?

just to introduce myself...

i have been in and out of the aquarium scene for the last 15 years or so...started with my very first 10gal my mom bought, which was then upgraded to a 33gal tank (seem really BIG at that time). then i went back to visit my cousin in singapore and found out that he had 8 tanks just setup for breeding and keeping Discus. wasn't long after that when i got my first discus, followed by a number of additional tanks, then bred them, sold them and got bored. moving on 10 years after...i started out my very first saltwater tank, spent lots of $$$ and had to end it cause i was moving out to my own place and couldn't bring it with me.

TODAY...well saw some work from Takashi Amano and was hooked once again. haven't been smooth sailing for me setting up my nano planted, but hopefully things will change around.

p.s. sorry only could find pics of my saltwater tank. my laptop with all my other photos was unfortunately stolen that plexi looking thing was made by me and my friend out of acrylic.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Well dude!thanks to you for sharing that pics about it I am very excited to see that you have interested in that case So,please share me more pics buddy you can do it?????:)Swim whenever you like on your own schedule at your own perfect place. No traveling, no crowded pools,no heavy chlorine.Am i right dude?????????????:)

#31 ·
Excited to see you!! We just moved to FSJ in October of this year.

When I was in highschool I worked at a big Al's in Richmond, BC (Its now an Island Pets store) part time for 2 years. At the time I had a tiny 10 gallon, always hoping that one day I could get at least a 60g to keep angelfish.

We have two kids, (2 and 4) and my four year old LOVES fish. I set up a 5 gallon micro planted tank this January, with just red cherry shrimp in it with the goal of adding some small tetras in a few months.

The 5 gallon project has relinquished my excitement for the hobby! Now I'm thinking... planted 60 gallon? hmmm not too sure.

#19 ·
New Westminster here, recently got a 33 gallon mature tank (upgrade from my Edge 12 gallon) with a tiger lotus and java moss and fern all of which i am trying to tame. Stocked with Congo tetras, ember tetras, and emperor tetras along with some galaxy rasboras. Progress is being made but already thinking bigger...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.