The Planted Tank Forum banner

Can't decide between a splitter or another regulator...help?

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  btimmer92 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, in the near future I'm setting up another tank (15G)

I have 2 co2 tanks and I'm trying to figure out if I should buy another regulator for the other tank or just do a splitter off of my current 10lb tank and feed 2 tanks.

My thoughts so far on a regulator is...

cornelius body
solenoid (not sure which kind yet) suggestions for a decent but not too expensive one, much appreciated.
NV - fabco NV-55
bubble counter -jbj

as far as building a manifold, i was going to talk to orlando and see if he could build one with just 1 side of the manifold being attached.

I'm looking at spending no more than 120$ on another regulator :
Thanks,
Martin

#2 ·
If the tanks are close I'd just split it. Easy to get parts like the tees and nipples at a good hardware store for the manifold to spit it. Then you'd need a NV and BC. I have a dual at home with a traditional manifold and one at the shop I split with inline NV's and BC's.

#5 ·
Usually it makes more sense to get a manifold and run multiple aquariums from the same tank. Distance isn't a problem, I have run CO2 to aquariums 30 feet away. Drip tubing and connectors are extremely cheap.

Often it isn't difficult to hide the tubing itself. A few strategically placed holes in the wall, or just running the tubing along or underneath the baseboard is usually all it takes.

You can keep the second tank as a spare, or sell it...

#7 ·
I have 2 tanks in my room and i split my manifold with additional needle valves. I went the home depot Watts valve so it cost me 26 bucks for everything i needed. It was worth it...plus IM on a super budget with no job. I also got some inline bubble counters from fluval. They run about 7 bucks a piece, but i had store credit and didn't pay from those

#17 ·
No, that's what two needle valves are for. You don't change the pressure to dictate how much co2 is pumping, you change the flow rate. Fishykid, If you want that splitter, I got you covered. Let me know. I can also sell you a needle valve and CO2 tubing, however CO2 tubing for a long length is very expensive, and not really necessary unless you have to run high psi.

#18 ·
How much for 15 feet of co2 tubing and what type of needle valve? I actually already got a splitter from a local fastenal store. The other fittings I located a paint ball store where I can get them locally. Was surprised that they even had 1/8NPT to 10-32 for the NV-55 needle valve. (they were 3$ though) luckily i need 1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.