The Planted Tank Forum banner

CO2 Really Does Help Deter Algae Growth

8K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  billm90 
#1 ·
Just wanted to point out from my experience that CO2 can control algae. I have five 10 gallon tanks and one of them has a DIY CO2 that I made. I have my CO2 made from sugar and water and it is being dispersed by the filter's impeller. Out of all my tanks this one is the only one that is not growing algae. It really is great that providing plants with what they love (CO2) helps to keep algae at bay. I was just so happy that I had to share this. I am almost finished making my DIY CO2 kits for my other tanks, so you better be ready green algae! Cuz your days are numbered! :proud:

#4 ·
Thanks for this link, I will have to read up on it. I would like to go with a higher tech solution eventually. I simply have to learn how to use canisters and possible a real CO2 tank.

My situation is a bit more difficult as I have five tanks stacked "vertically" so I have to research and find out if that will work as the highest tank is 6ft above the floor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.