The Planted Tank Forum banner

why is milwauki regulator stopping every morning

580 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Wasserpest 
#1 ·
set to about 2 bps during the day and then the next morning when it comes back on the bubbles don't start up again unless i open the needle valve a little more... is my needle valve bad? do I need to add a one way valve to the line going to in my inline 1000 reactor? why do I need to adjust the needle valve every morning. the working pressure doesnt really matter i've set it to 40 psi, 60 psi, etc etc.... whatever I set it to the next morning i have to open the valve a little to let the bubbles start flowing. it's annoying and causing algae from CO2 fluctuation.

thanks,

three

#5 ·
One possibility - when the CO2 turns off, water travels back in the tubing towards the regulator. This happens because CO2 is very soluble in water... so it's not really siphoning, but it looks like it.

If you have non-transparent tubing, you will not see/realize that, and it looks like there is no CO2 coming out. However, in reality there is just a delay until the CO2 pushes out all the water in the tubing.

Work-around: put a decent check valve close to where the CO2 bubbles are injected. And/or put CO2 on a different timer to start it up an hour earlier so it is bubbling when the lights turn on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.