The Planted Tank Forum banner

Odyssea PAR Data?

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  shrimpedout 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any par data for the odyssea T5HO lights? I currently have a 55g tank with T8NO tubes that I would like to upgrade the lighting, and I am pretty certain I want to go with the Odyssea.

My question is in whether I should get the 2x54w version or the 4x54w version. I would like to see some par data if possible, or at the very least to know if anyone has used the 4x54w on a 55g and what their results were. (ie. too much light, considering the 55s are pretty narrow?)

I am also in the process of building a pressurized Co2 setup, so before anyone asks, yes, I will be using pressurized! :)

#2 ·
The oddyssea 4 bulb comes with two separate power sources for 2 lights each. Worst case scenario you run only two lights and get twice as long between bulb changes. I would run the four and see what happens. It's always trial and error in my tank. I run all 4 at once on my 56 gallon column tank. That's a little deeper than a standard 55 but I have no issues. I use flourish excel daily and dry ferts. I set my timer to split the photo period. It's lights on for 4 hours, off for 4, and then back on for 4 more. My tank grows like a weed being somewhat low tech. Hope that helped

#3 ·
Yeah, I suppose that was my initial thought as well. It's also another reason I liked the Odyssea, because of the two cord/seperate switch feature. I was just hoping that perhaps someone had some PAR data BEFORE I turned it on and fried everything lol.

#7 ·
Fantastic. That found it right away. And given the data, it looks like the 2x54w Odyssea sitting directly on my 55g will give me about 50 micromols at my substrate, which to my understanding would be right on the cusp of medium/medium-high lighting?

Thanks a ton!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.