The Planted Tank Forum banner

recommendation please...

807 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  baeya 
#1 ·
I would like to purchase an LED light for my 90 gallon Discus tank. I'm going to put Vals and Florida Sunset Crypts. Can someone please give me a link to what I should buy? I just cannot wrap my head around all the lighting choices there are. I would like a unit with an on/off switch. I have a T5HO on my other 90 and it doesn't have an on/off switch.

#3 ·
#5 ·
After looking at the chart I see that the TrueLumen Pro Series, Marineland double bright and ecoxotic panarama. The TrueLumen and Ecoxotic look like they need to be put together. The Marineland one is the only one that looks familiar to me but, has a lot of negative comments....
My plants will be here next week and I'm so lost in lighting...

#6 ·
I suggest using a pair of 24 inch long Finnex Fugeray lights. That will give you at least acceptable low light and possibly a bit more, and their coverage from front to back of the tank is good too. I don't know how much they cost. There is a 48 inch version too, but no data for that one yet.

#7 · (Edited)
Thank you so much! I will take a look at those.

My friend bought this in the freshwater version with 6500K LEDs. Do you have any experience with this brand? He doesn't have the freshwater version up on ebay right now but, will have them again soon.

[Ebay Link Removed]

I didn't know we couldn't put ebay links on here....sorry.

48" - 52" EVO LED 3W by Green Element

The EVO LED 3W LED fixture provides a high quality, energy efficient light fixture that shimmers though that water. Use the 10000K white LED during the day and the Actinic Blue 460nm LED during the night. The EVO LED is a sleek and contemporary light fixture that will make any other aquarium light look dull. Long lasting LEDs with no bulb replacement required.

Extendable brackets - 48"-52" (120 - 132 cm)

Super energy efficient marine and freshwater aquarium lighting. No bulb replacement required.

Features:

• Dimensions - 47.75” x 5.00” x 1.00”
• Brackets add 0.65" in height
• Includes 32 LEDs
• 4320 Lumen
• 3W watt LEDs
• 24x 10000K LEDs
• 8x Actinic 460nm LEDs
• Slim and contemporary light design
• 2 mode on / off function for day and night use
• Extendable bracket - 48"-52" max extend
• 110V - 220V

Listing includes:

• 1x 48" 3W LED light fixture
• 1x Power supply (North America power plug)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.