The Planted Tank Forum banner

Peytons' new 75g

928 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  peyton 
#1 ·
Been gathering the supplies for this one since summer. I've tried to get most stuff as cheap as possible. The tank and stand I got used from a friend. Also got a 4' tek light from him. I had to cap off the overflows and remove the overflow wall.

Then one of his friends had set up a 120g planted tank but decided it wasn't for them. I bought two 5 gallon buckets of black onyx sand substrate for $10. Then I picked up a sunsun 304b. Traded some plants for all the driftwood. Got it all setup a week or so ago. Anyway here it is so far.

And here is a short movie of it. Near the end you can see my 40g corner tank.
http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b207/peglegburnout/?action=view&current=SANY0033.mp4

Any feedback is welcome!

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks! Here is the plantlist btw

Bacopa "colorata"
Blyxa japonica
fissidens fontanus
Hemianthus callitrichoides
Heteranthera zosterifolia
Hygrophila polysperma 'Sunset'
Lagarosiphon madagascariensis
Lobelia cardinalis 'Small Form'
Limnophila mini Vietnam
Limnophila sessiliflora
ludwigia arcuata
Ludwigia brevipes
Ludwigia "cuba"
Pogostemon stellatus 'Broad Leaf'
Persicaria praetermissa
Persicaria hydropiperoids
Eleocharis montevidensis
Staurogyne Porto Velho
subwassertang
utricularia graminifolia

I really tried to limit the species. I wanted to try the "less is more" approach this time instead of craming in as many species as I could. This is the best I could do lol.

#7 ·
Update on the tank. Foreground is not coming in very fast. I might ditch the HC on the left and go with something else. Maybe move some staurogyne porto velho there instead. I have been struggling with BBA on some plants esp fissidens. I started using a powerhead to get more movement in the tank to help spread co2. Co2 checkers are running in the yellow.

#9 ·
Well after a good start this tank went south. You can read more about the problems here http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/fertilizers-water-parameters/167480-hmm-whats-causing-3.html .

Growth had been ok since I lowered the light a bit to about 5" from the water surface. A week ago I decided to run another co2 line to the maxijet. Personally I hate the 7up look you get by misting co2. However it's not so bad since I'm only running about 1bps to it and about 2-3bps to the canister intake. Results so far are very good. There is no new BBA showing up and growth has gotten more robust. Still having a problem with blyxa melting away. Glosso is not spreading like it should either. Might drop the light an inch or two sometime.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.