Running out of shops. Suffolk/Nassau. - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New York

Old 12-09-2008, 09:41 PM   #16
love_fish
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Magic Isle is in the Centereach Mall right off of Middle Country Road (25). There's a Walmart and Model's in the same shopping center. Get confused then just google it for directions.
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2008, 10:55 PM   #17
lopez_316us
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)

So, they have CRS???
lopez_316us is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2008, 05:13 AM   #18
love_fish
Algae Grower

Don't know for sure, get their number from googling them then call and find out.

Anyone on the island know of any stores beside aquahut and magic isle to go to? Tim is County Critters that place right off of Rt 112? I think I've heard of it but never went in. How is it fish wise?

Last edited by love_fish; 12-11-2008 at 01:34 AM..
love_fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2008, 02:33 AM   #19
Wicket_lfe
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (7/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Wicket_lfe

Where are you located, there Tropical Showcase on Old Country Rd in Hicksville/Levittown? Magic Isle is my personal favorite, plus its near my parents house. There's Pets Warehouse on Sunrise HWY, I ordered plants from them once and picked them up, they were pretty good prices.

Country Critters, I actually never got to, but my uncle goes there. Its on Rt 112 somewhere.

Magic Isle had CRS, Bumblebee, Amano and Yellow Shrimp when I was there on Sunday. I asked how often they had them, they said weekly. also Pygmy Cories for about $3, and SAE, I think they are true, but mine didn't make the trip back to queens.
Wicket_lfe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2008, 07:14 PM   #20
love_fish
Algae Grower

I'm located further east on the island, town of brookhaven so hicksville is pretty far trip for me to make. IDK about magic isle lately though, seem like their stock is half assed like tim said earlier. I went in there a year ago and they had a great selection but lately it seems pretty lack luster. Prolly will check out county critters sometime soon when i get the chance.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:14 PM   #21
Wicket_lfe
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I never really got into smaller fish, so I didn't pay attention to Magic Isles stock. So its all new to me. My Parents are in Ronkonkoma, but I'm out by hicksville a lot. But I live in Queens, so I'm back and forth on the Island all the time. Let me know how Country Critters goes.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:01 PM   #22
love_fish
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket_lfe View Post
I never really got into smaller fish, so I didn't pay attention to Magic Isles stock. So its all new to me. My Parents are in Ronkonkoma, but I'm out by hicksville a lot. But I live in Queens, so I'm back and forth on the Island all the time. Let me know how Country Critters goes.
Yea will do, prolly gonna get there next monday or so. Although i pmed tim about it, creator of the thread, and he claims it to be pretty good for the most part.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:00 AM   #23
Sea-Dub

Try Ronkonkoma fish n reef on ocean ave in ronkonkoma. They have very healthy plants, they don't have a ton of plants but the quality is great, same goes for their fish, never had one of their fish die prematurely
Sea-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2009, 03:12 AM   #24
Tim S
Planted Member

I'll give them a shot!
Tim S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2009, 01:23 AM   #25
Wicket_lfe
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Went to country critters, didnt realize it was like 5 minutes from my house. I thought it was ok, didnt see much in terms of plants. They did have endlers and some shrimp. Def lots of glass tanks. Fish n reef I went to once a year or two ago, not much freshwater from what i remember. Cool looking setup of the place though with a giant filter room. I'll have to check it out again sometime soon.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:35 AM   #26
FDNY911
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)

I went to Fishtown USA, man did they get me ! I guess it was obvious how new I was and $500+ I walked out of there with just a 45G Tall and a Stand. All the equipment I bought and substrate, I wound up getting rid of so I wound up spending a hell of a lot more. To make matters worse any time I went back (From Astoria, mind you) I would get the only attitude from these people. One female called me a "jack ass" under her breath because I asked her and someone else the same question, if it was answered the first time I wouldnt have had to ask again! They do actually have a nice selection of fish. But it wasn't worth the drive for me.

There is another place by Elmhurst Hospital, I think 76st and Woodside av. The guy is nice and the prices are stupid cheap compared to Adventure Aquarium. Example: $18 for an Electric Blue Jack Dempsey VS AA's $59 for a crappy not-looking-so-good EBJD. Same size. I've wasted so much Gas,Money,Time and patience now that I think of it. I still dont have a Planted Tank lol.
FDNY911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2009, 05:02 PM   #27
DavidZ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

I don't see why not buy plants online, some guys at www.aquariacentral.com have great deals, also there is a meet sometimes at the Brooklyn aquarium.
DavidZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #28
Pencil2Print
Algae Grower

What about Pets in New Hyde Park? They have a huge aquarium section. I never really looked for plants, so I don't know what they have
Pencil2Print is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.