Did I make a booboo?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fertilizers and Water Parameters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2004, 07:10 PM   #1
jmiz16
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Did I make a booboo?

Hi guys,
My tank is about 4 months old. I have no messurable amounts of nitrite, amonia, or nitrate. My ph is 7 , gh 6 and kh is 4. I am using a Red Sea test kit for all. I add about 2 bubbles per second of co2. My plants are growing well but I still get algae on the glass. I clean the algae about every other week. My tank is about 3/4 fully planted , with about half those plants being bunch. Algae for the most part is green, maybe a lilttle brown or red on the back glass. But it is hardly noticable if I clean the glass every 1-2 weeks.
When you guys say that you have no algae, do you mean NO algae at all? Should I have not been adding liquid plant food? I have been doing that for all 4 months. By what I have just read, I should not have been adding yet. Also, do you guys talk alternative ways to get PO and Mg in the tank from cheaper sources other than pre-mixed store bought?
jmiz16 is offline   Reply With Quote