New Regulator Report - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 01-27-2003, 10:56 PM   #31
ridns
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Hooray! I found out my regulator is ok, it was my timer that went kaflooey. The solenoid was off and I didn't know it. (Big sigh of relief!) I plugged it straight into the wall and all is well. Fixed the timer. reset the bubble rate, celebrated with an MGD lite! :hehe:
Eheim pimp #128, 55gal 13x20x48, Eheim Pro 2227, CO2 injected, into the filter breather tube,4x 55w Pcs , 12 hr light cycle (sunrise/sunset simulated), Milwaukee SMS 122, faulty bubble counter replaced with M3 bubble counter..... moderately Planted, Plantex CSM+B and ferts

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research
ridns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2003, 12:55 AM   #32
m.lemay
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

Quote:
Originally posted by ridns
Hooray! I found out my regulator is ok, it was my timer that went kaflooey. The solenoid was off and I didn't know it. (Big sigh of relief!) I plugged it straight into the wall and all is well. Fixed the timer. reset the bubble rate, celebrated with an MGD lite! :hehe:
Wfewww, Thats good news
FILSTAR Pimp #2

75 gal heavily planted,50/50 Black beauty,Eco-complete substrate, Pressurised CO2 with solenoid, ph controller, AB Reactor 1000, 330 watts 9325K GE PC lighting,Ehiem Liquidoser, 2-Filstar xp3 canisters.
m.lemay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2003, 04:17 AM   #33
d28 boy
Algae Grower

Send a message via AIM to d28 boy

Well, I guess I will be the latest to jump into this Custom Aquatics deal...
After setting up my first attempt at a pressurized system, doing my best diy with the equipment available in my area, I have quickly moved to equipment which is specialized for aquarium use. The needle valve which I found at an auto parts store barely gave me the adjustment that is necessary. With some fiddling, I was able to get the rate to stabilize my ph at approx. 7.0, with the valve very, very close to completely shut. Within two days, my cylinder, which was at least half full, had drained to empty, thank goodness for the check valve! Still not sure where the leak came from, but I suspect the inexpensive needle valve. I had the regulator checked, so I know it was ok. My ph was adjusted about a point down from 8 to 7, so far, all my fish seem to be ok.
Do the necessary washers/gaskets come with the regulator, just in case I experience the problem mentioned in previous posts?
Old 02-21-2003, 09:29 PM   #34
m.lemay
Planted Tank Guru

The send you a couple of tank to regulator gaskets with it. You can also get them where they refill the CO2 tank (dirt cheap). My custom aquatics setup has been running flawlessly almost 3 months now. For the price, its a no-brainer.

Marcel
FILSTAR Pimp #2

75 gal heavily planted,50/50 Black beauty,Eco-complete substrate, Pressurised CO2 with solenoid, ph controller, AB Reactor 1000, 330 watts 9325K GE PC lighting,Ehiem Liquidoser, 2-Filstar xp3 canisters.
Old 03-11-2003, 12:13 AM   #35
Momotaro
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)

OK all you Custom Aquatics (Milwaukee) regulator/set up users! It's been a while. How about all of you folks weighing in and giving all of us potential buyers an update on how your systems are working now! It seemed a bit rocky for a good portion of you at first, but how are things moving along now? Let us know if this set up is worth the trouble, or should we look elsewhere. We await your experiences and sage advice!

Mike
Momotaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2003, 02:57 AM   #36
m.lemay
Planted Tank Guru

Its still running flawlessly, no leaks. The only thing I have to compare it to was a DIy pressurised setup that I put together and that I thought was pretty good. The Custom Aquatic ensemble blows it away. Its just been perfect, it runs so well I don't even think about it anymore. 8)

Marcel
FILSTAR Pimp #2

Old 04-04-2003, 02:42 AM   #37
Momotaro
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

Well I finally bought the Milwaukee CO2 regulator! When I first attached it to the CO2 bottle, I also got CO2 shooting out and that dreaded squeal. I tried to hook it up twice and then walked away. I decided to tear it down and start again. I was using the fiber washer given to me by the compressed gas dealer. I then tried the plastic washer that came with the regulator... no problem. Everything fell right into place when I used a plastic washer. Just my experience.

Mike
Old 04-04-2003, 06:55 AM   #38
STAT 007
Planted Member

Send a message via AIM to STAT 007

What do you mean by "fiber?" I'd think fiber would be the same as plastic, no?

37 gallon AGA Black Seal, Emperor 400, Ebo Jager 200 W, 100% Flourite Substrate, 2x55 Watt AH Supply PC Lighting (5300K & 6400K) @ ~3.4 WPG, High-Pressure CO2.
STAT 007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2003, 01:51 PM   #39
chode
Algae Grower

I too have this setup and was able to set it up in a mater of 5 minutes without any issues. Its been working for 2 months and I could not be happier.
chode is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2003, 02:05 PM   #40
Momotaro
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

By fiber I mean a dense "cardboardish" type of washer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.