Office show tank....
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 08-20-2004, 05:15 AM   #1
Fizgig777
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Office show tank....

Photos of the office tank.... Feedback is welcomed! Thanks for looking

Tank:

Plant detail:

Ruby:

Opal (front, bottom, center):

More photos of tank in gallery: http://www.goldfishparadise.com/album/gallery/album104
Fizgig777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2004, 07:12 PM   #2
Fish Tank
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Good start with some healthy plants :-)

What poeple will most likely do is tell you to put more selections of plants in there. Your existing plants make god background plants, but you'll need some foreground ones that don't grow as high to help break things up, and lead your eye into the tank, instead of having a wall of them up front.
Fish Tank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2004, 08:59 PM   #3
fishyboy
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

told you my opinons on your tank so many times(other site ppl).... those plants shouldn't be in the foreground at all... you should get better lights, lsoe the deco in the back, and lose the UGF too..
fishyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2004, 10:22 PM   #4
Fizgig777
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Not interested in multi species plant tank... These plants do well and achieve the effect I'm looking for. They're also not in the foreground.... This tank has specific requirements due to the residents housed in it. I don't want a rainbow salad look, nor is it in the best interest of the residents and especially not most plants.

There is no reason to lose the UGF and the lighting is ~2 watts per gallon. If the plants are doing well -- doubling in size weekly -- I don't understand why you'd suggest such changes The plants aren't root feeders at all so the UGF wouldn't get in the way (even root feeders in my other tank do extremely well with a UGF), not to mention they are low - medium light plants. I guess some just suggest change for the sake of change?

Anyway... Thanks for the feedback.
Fizgig777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2004, 10:22 PM   #5
aquaphish
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (53/98%)

Only one thing to say "Aqua Jungle". Where's the aquascape!!! But on the other side of things the plants seem to be growing very well!!!
Old 08-20-2004, 11:08 PM   #6
fishyboy
Planted Tank Enthusiast

EXACTLY^^^^^^^^^

the people on GFP (golfgish forum) think her tank's great and go gaga over it

"Mess of plants tangled into eachother" " needs a SEVER trimming" "looks like a hunk of plant that you can't see anythign past it" " why does she even call those things "show tanks ". All of this was said there in PM's because of they'd say it in the forum she'd bite their heads off like she always does. Those were all said by members... (all diferent people said each comment)

Sure her plants grow bu whats the point ... you can't see half of them.
fishyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2004, 11:54 PM   #7
Laith
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Plants look they're growing well

Since you asked for opinions, my two cents would be to at least get rid of that "bridge" thing and get some natural looking gravel.

I guess it all depends on the type of look you're after...
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2004, 12:25 AM   #8
pufferfreak
Wannabe Guru

Send a message via MSN to pufferfreak Send a message via Yahoo to pufferfreak

nice plant growth, but how could you like a tank thats just green? I mean come one theres no good feeling about this tank, it don't even look good. What kind of effect was you looking to acheive?
pufferfreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2004, 12:27 AM   #9
pufferfreak
Wannabe Guru

Also in my 55 gallon I am doing a photo journal, I dont like tanks wtih 80 differnt plant species either, i have now only 2 differnt species, but waiting to get better lights before I get the 3rd and final species of plant.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:47 AM   #10
Blade
Algae Grower

I don't get it.

The plants look healthy.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2004, 01:26 PM   #11
hooha
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (72/100%)

plants are nice and healthy, no algae problems that I can see....if that's the look you're going for looks great! I wouldn't change a thing regarding setup.

Keep in mind the members on this forum tend to be into aquascaping, with a goal of mixing several types of plants in a pleasing, artistic way. Opinions and suggestions will be skewed towards that. Trying to keep in mind that you're looking for a different effect, I think you're doing well with what you're trying to accomplish.

When people say you've got plants in the foreground - look at the front of your tank. You have a bunch of plants that are planted right in front that grow all the way to the top. No way of seeing anything behind them. If you want to keep the same plants in the tank, have you considered trimming the plants in the front so that they stay lower, allowing a viewer to see what's in the back? That bottom picture, all I can see looking from the front is the first few plants.

At the very least it's worth a try. With the way your plants are doubling, if you don't like it in a couple of weeks you'll have your old look right back
hooha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2004, 03:58 AM   #12
pufferfreak
Wannabe Guru

Just a suggestion, if you really like those plants and stuff, since the plants will grow back, what you can try to do is, cut the first 1/3 of the plants down to about 5" long, then the middle 1/3 of the tank cut them at about 10" long and then leave the back 1/3 alone....it will still look cool but have some depth to it.....try it out will ya?? Also if you dont like it, just let the plants grow and you will have your tank back to normal!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.