A few general questions
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 04-06-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
BlackRapids

PTrader: (0/0%)
Question

A few general questions

Hello All!

I've been in the hobby for a grand total of about 6 months now! Woohoo! Got a few quick questions about my nano tanks (my only tanks actually).

The tank with the rock in it is my 5.5 gallon, that currently houses 6 neon tetras, an oto, and a crowntail betta. Theres a few different kinds of plants, namely hornwort and some sorta frill plant. The rock is a great piece of petrified wood. DIY CO2, about 23w flr lighting, 25w heater and a red sea nano filter. So I don't have a whole lot experience in aquascaping, so what do ya think would look good? driftwood? some moss?

The cube is mounted on a wall and is home to a betta. Its equiped with a homemade filter made from a film canister, that covers all three types of filtration. Its a bit small but the water's clean and I change it often. He even has a few strands of a NA native plant in there to keep him happy.

The bowfront with the gravel is a 2.5 gallon tank housing a betta and a snail. The plant to the left is a NA native i gathered, and the rest is anacharis and hornwort. Any suggestions here as to the aquascaping? How about other potential tankmates.

And finally a homemade tank that is the large cylindrical tank you see. It's actually a huge 2gal vase converted for betta use, with a modified light from GE on the top and a submersible filter in it. Is there space in here for more fish/inverts/plants, or is it good as is? It currently only holds a big red crowntail and some hornwort.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0406091227.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	12964  

Name:	0406091226b.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	12965  

Name:	0406091226a.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	12966  

Name:	0406091226.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	12967  

Name:	0311091841.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	12968  

BlackRapids is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
Phoenix-cry
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

I bet some shrimp would be happy in your 2gal vase, but don't put any more fish in there, when it comes to fish the only size that really matters in the surface area, and there is very little surface area in there. So a low wide tank holds more fish than a tall thin one, this is cause fish tend to live there lives swiming back and forth, not up and down.
Phoenix-cry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, nano, planted, questions