LFS New York City update... BETA 1.0 - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New York

Old 03-25-2009, 01:53 AM   #16
Qckwzrd
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

Anyone ever seen pygmy corydoris in any of the lfs? Only place I seen them for sale was FranksAquarium.com (which is local for me )

Nazspeed did you see any lampeye prs? Or just males? Also they endlers I take it was all males?
Qckwzrd is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2009, 02:05 AM   #17
smoq
local fisherman

PTrader: (37/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qckwzrd View Post
Anyone ever seen pygmy corydoris in any of the lfs? Only place I seen them for sale was FranksAquarium.com (which is local for me )
What do you mean? FranksAquarium.com is located in NYC? Can I pickup after buying from them?
smoq is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2009, 02:40 AM   #18
nazspeed
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qckwzrd View Post

Nazspeed did you see any lampeye prs? Or just males? Also they endlers I take it was all males?
I got lampeye killies and they only had male endlers but they said they will cross breeed with guppies but who would want that kind of a fish mut??? anyway they said they where gonna get some soon for sale

petland discounts in 230st bronx on broadway has i bellieve convicts and green cories call ahead to check stock there close to me so i can check if youd like (718)543-5932 they seldomely have what i want but hey its a chain store what else can i say. some ottos red eye tetras, congo tetras,
arowanas ect... about are rare as its going to get =[ just whatch out for ick quarantine any stock you get from there first...........
nazspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2009, 04:49 AM   #19
leviathan0
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcinsmok View Post
What do you mean? FranksAquarium.com is located in NYC? Can I pickup after buying from them?
Frank is located in LI, but he works at the Brooklyn Aquarium. I've done local pickups there a few times. Just email him.
leviathan0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2009, 11:40 AM   #20
Wicket_lfe
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (7/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Wicket_lfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviathan0 View Post
Frank is located in LI, but he works at the Brooklyn Aquarium. I've done local pickups there a few times. Just email him.
Interesting, his house is near mine on LI, never had a chance to stop by though. Magic Isle in Centereach on LI has plenty of Pygmy Cories. I asked them how often they had them, and the guy told me they have them all the time. Few different species of shrimp as well. Personally that is my favorite LFS for the LI/NYC area.
Wicket_lfe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2009, 01:06 PM   #21
ramawo
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (26/100%)

Does anybody know which LFS carry ADA soil Amazonia ?
ramawo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2009, 01:54 PM   #22
houseofcards
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (54/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket_lfe View Post
Interesting, his house is near mine on LI, never had a chance to stop by though. Magic Isle in Centereach on LI has plenty of Pygmy Cories. I asked them how often they had them, and the guy told me they have them all the time. Few different species of shrimp as well. Personally that is my favorite LFS for the LI/NYC area.
Magic Isle is a good store, but most of the time run of the mill stuff. I did once get Coral Pencilfish and Zebra Otos, but they only have those occassionally. Another store out East is Country Critters in Patchogue. A cut above as far as selection and finding interesting items.

Probably the biggest store in the NY Metro area though is Aquarium Adventure in Carles Place. It's about 9000 sq ft. and they have a decent plant selection and I've found Celestrial pearls and some harder to find tetras on a regular basis.

One thing all of these stores have in common, though is all the owners have an attitude. Not sure why, I guess it's something in the water.
houseofcards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2009, 06:04 PM   #23
SleepySin
Algae Grower

Northern Aquarium Pets at 135-02 Northern Boulevard has a Starlight Pleco for $30.

The pleco doesn't have the white banded fins but still very cool. He's in the first aisle (from the right side of the store) of tanks on the left side.
SleepySin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2009, 12:16 AM   #24
Lnb
At 36,000'

PTrader: (19/100%)

To all LFS cruisers ............

Looking for Bamboo aka Wood aka Singapore Flower shrimp. Please let me know if any are available locally and how much.

Thanks!!

Eheim #293 ~ 2 x 2217 ~ 1 X 2215 *** Filstar #138 ~ XP 1 x 2
Lnb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2009, 12:20 AM   #25
lopez_316us
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnb View Post
To all LFS cruisers ............

Looking for Bamboo aka Wood aka Singapore Flower shrimp. Please let me know if any are available locally and how much.

Thanks!!
Petco at Union Square has them for 7.99 as well as New world......I would check Win and Pacific tomorrow
lopez_316us is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2009, 12:28 AM   #26
lopez_316us
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)

Little update from New World...

Galaxy Rasboras at $6.75

I can't believe their prices.....
lopez_316us is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2009, 02:35 AM   #27
nazspeed
Algae Grower

Default fishtown usa update

well i took along trip out to fishtown today and they had small neon tetras for .39 Cents. I coulndt resist brought 3 dollars worth for my brother in law who keeps nagging about his fish that he never see's. ( hes got a really big catfish that hides all the time hope he doesnt eat any of them!)He had asked me for my neons before heck he even wants to trade 3 congo tetras for my neons but i fear the congos would get shrreded by my red eyes but who knows.... also picked up 6 more cardinals for 1.50 each and 3 more big amanos for 7.00 now my tanks probalby overstocked but there all small and its only temporarry luckyly i won anther filter on ebay aquaclear 50 for 30 bucks new in box...woot!!! i tend to over filter just in case this will replace an old tetra 10 gallon HOB....this is gonna go to the shrimp tank so i can get more room in there i have a internal 10 that came with the tank witch is not really shrimp friendly.... one cherry climbed out of the tank from it to its demise...and btw i know long post!
nazspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2009, 02:48 AM   #28
bklyndrvr
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/95%)

I was in Royal Aqua World tonight, and they had Cherries and amanos for 1.75, and CRS for $12 each. What I found interesting was fish wise was that they had, "red eyed" round tetras, and one golden round rams. I forgot the prices, but around $3 I think.

As for Frank's aquarium, I was looking for some pygmy cories, and they seem to have them. I wonder how much does he charge for shipping? Anyone else seen them in NYC? I did read the one poster who said that he saw them in centerreach, but I'm in brooklyn and don't know if I can get my way out there.
bklyndrvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2009, 03:07 AM   #29
Lnb
At 36,000'

PTrader: (19/100%)

Much appreciated!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopez_316us View Post
Petco at Union Square has them for 7.99 as well as New world......I would check Win and Pacific tomorrow

Eheim #293 ~ 2 x 2217 ~ 1 X 2215 *** Filstar #138 ~ XP 1 x 2
Lnb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2009, 04:53 AM   #30
Qckwzrd
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklyndrvr View Post
I was in Royal Aqua World tonight, and they had Cherries and amanos for 1.75, and CRS for $12 each. What I found interesting was fish wise was that they had, "red eyed" round tetras, and one golden round rams. I forgot the prices, but around $3 I think.

As for Frank's aquarium, I was looking for some pygmy cories, and they seem to have them. I wonder how much does he charge for shipping? Anyone else seen them in NYC? I did read the one poster who said that he saw them in centerreach, but I'm in brooklyn and don't know if I can get my way out there.
I think I'm going to try and get some from Franks sunday/tues.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.