10 gallon puffer tank - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 01-22-2009, 01:07 AM   #16
dwarfpuffer
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by connordude27 View Post
what kind of lighting is that? (model and brand) i couldn't find any hoods for a 10g that was better than stock
It's a 24" Current satellite fixture. Just 1x65w which is a combo of 10k and 6.7k bulb. I'm gonna be switching it out for a 2x36w 20" from Catalina aquariums pretty soon though. I'm gonna have to use the 24" fixture on a 20g sump on a saltwater tank I'm putting together.

As far as putting either shrimp or tetras in a 10g with even a single dwarf puffer, I'd say no. I'm sure they would eat the shrimp and eventually kill the tetras as well. In a 20g or larger I would imagine other fish might be ok. Just make sure they are fish that move alot. Danios, tetras, etc. because I'm sure the puffer would kill something that can't get away from it easily. It would also have to be well planted.
dwarfpuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2009, 07:32 PM   #17
devlyyn
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

I've kept dwarf puffers in larger tanks (75 gallons) with community fish with no problem. They definitely prefer plenty of places to explore and are almost always hunting. They will kill all your shrimp and snails given enough time.
devlyyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:54 AM   #18
dwarfpuffer
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Got a new updated FTS to show. Everything seems to be growing well and I've had to add another diy co2 bottle. I do seem to have a deficiency on my Bacopa monnieri that I'm hoping someone will be able to tell me which one it is. Here's the FTS first though.

Here's the moneywort. I'm guessing it's iron, but I just wanted to make sure before I bump up the amount I dose. Was wondering if it could be potassium also though. Comments on the deficiency as well as the tank itself are welcome.

dwarfpuffer is offline   Reply With Quote