Fish Recomendations? - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 05-24-2004, 03:17 PM   #16
Wasserpest
Are these real?

PTrader: (163/100%)

One 15W bulb isn't much fun. I would recommend to check out www.ahsupply.com and look at the 2x 13W kits, they come with good reflectors, and if they fit into your hood, would give you some good light.
Oh... I guess Amanda said that already...
Wasserpest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2004, 03:45 AM   #17
Eman
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Hey Wasserpest

I took a look at your 10 gallon tank, and was wondering what kind of lighting you use and the names of your plants. Maybe i could get some ideas

thanks to everybody who has replyed you have been very helpful. I think i will end up using the 2x13W kit at AHSupply.com

Again Thanks
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2004, 04:40 PM   #18
Wasserpest
Are these real?

PTrader: (163/100%)

Hi Eman,

The tank came with a two bulb fixture, which I fitted with two Walmart 10W fluorescent bulbs. I also used mirror tiles to diy a very efficient reflector, so even with 20W only a lot of light goes into the tank.

Plants: Crypt wendtii, Pearlweed, Java moss, Java fern, Glosso (not thriving right now), some Salvinia.
Wasserpest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2004, 02:25 PM   #19
Eman
Algae Grower

Okay so i went to my lfs and got three Harlequin Rasboras. These little guys are great. they seem very happy and healthy, and are swimming all over the place. Anyway the first plants i got were the Walmart bulbs. I got them because everyone was saying how well they grow and easy to maintain. Apon. and some kind of plant that resembles the tiger lotus. Im really excited to watch them grow. Plus they don't really need a lot of lighting. I have one question, how long do you suggest i wait until i add some more Rasboras. I want to have a school of six or seven. They shouldn't add to much to the bioload because they are so tiny Right?

Thanks
Eman
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2004, 02:51 PM   #20
trenac
Wannabe Guru

Eman...I would wait one week before adding anymore Rasboras, then you can go ahead and add 3-4 more.
Old 06-16-2004, 03:54 AM   #21
Rosko_22
Planted Member

Do you have any fish for algae eating? Or are you planning on getting any? If so, I'd say go with a couple oto cats, they're small and not aggressive in the least. That school of rasboras you're planning on building up should look great in your tank, very nice fish.
Rosko_22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2004, 05:41 PM   #22
clay
Algae Grower

get the pygmy rasboras that are out there. they are cool, like tha maculata or the brigettes.
clay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.