|11-12-2008, 05:25 PM||#1|
DIY ADA Style Rimless 22g tank & stand
With a little over an year's experience in aquarium setup and less than 6 months experience in maintaining high end planted tanks, I am truely a novice in this area. However after doing my research and setting up my 80 gallon planted tank in the first go and seeing it thriving for over 4 months nows (my personal blog on 80 gallon) I felt confident to move on to my next projects of setting up 2 more layouts in Amano style.
I am not a typical DIY guy, nor do I have the luxury of a good work area where I can execute elaborate DIY projects with wood, glass and power tools. But after budgeting my needs for setting up 2 ADA style tanks and stands (really love the clean and modern look), I decided that I am better off giving it a shot at making them myself and saving some money as well as enjoy my holidays doing these projects.
So my plan
1. Make 2 rimless 22 gallon tanks to maintain 2 aquascapes
2. Make 2 stands. I could have made one bigger stand to hold both tanks, but I chose to make 2 to be able to configure them separately or together as I wish over time.
1. Step by step DIY aquarium setup guide that I want to follow.
2. Useful link to calculate dimensions of my tank
3. A very helpful thread on DIY rimless tank building
4. 2 step by step guides for ADA style stand setups here and here
5. Setup guide for ADA style light bar
More to follow....
Looking forward for your continuous support, feedback and criticism.
Last edited by malaybiswas; 11-17-2008 at 05:22 PM..
|ada, diy, rimless, stand, tank|