The Planted Tank Forum banner

Divided 10g

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  kcoscia 
#1 ·
This is my divided 10g, home to two male bettas.
Storm is an adult (left) and Squid is a baby (right).

Specs:
AquaTop CAF-25 Sponge Filter
Petco 100w Heater
Finnex Fugeray Planted+

Plants:
Ludwigia Red, Ludwigia Red Rubin, Crypts, Blue Hygro, Anubias, Salivina and a plant that I can't ID (looks like Dwarf Sag)

Will be EI ferting once I get the water parameters straight. Cycle just crashed, assuming because I have to drain and silicone the dividers in order to get rid of gaps in the sides. I had the filter running in another tank during that time, but the levels of waste must have changed.

Driftwood is coming. I've got two manzanita stumps in order. Things may change a little once they get here.

See less See more
#9 · (Edited)
I am redoing this tank to make it mostly all crypts! I am pulling everything, moving the corkscrew vals to the center area (since I love them) and planting crypts. Root tabs only! If the Planted+ ends up being too much light, I can down grade to the FugeRay Original I have in storage.

Picture update, replant just completed:

#11 ·
Thank you! They're Lee's dividers that I siliconed in place. If you get them, it's a must silicone because there is a gap. The gap probably isn't large enough for anyone to fit through, but the baby was really small on the right and I couldn't sleep well risking it.

#12 ·
Algae went to town. I think it is purely because of the change to crypt only, fertilized by root tabs and keeping the light. So I put the Planted+ back in it's box, and brought out the FugeRay Original from storage.
Hoping that will fix the algae problem, I'm dosing erythromycin to kick it (since it's mainly the dreaded BGA) assuming it wont come back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.