I'm so disillusioned
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New York

Old 08-19-2014, 10:32 PM   #1
partobe
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

I'm so disillusioned

Hey everyone
Okay I've been in the hobby for years and back in the day I was clueless. I would over stock change the water once a month and never test. From what I remember I had very few problems. Fast forward I have a 75 gallon tank with a fluvial 405 a fluvial 206 a aquclear hob 110. I do 25 gallon water changes every week. I clean my filters regularly as well as test every week. I haven't added any new fish in over 6 months and everyone was doing fine until 2 weeks ago one of my angel died for no apparent reason. I figured since the water was testing fine it was just fluke. Yesterday I noticed a couple of white spots (not like ick more protruding) and her poop is white. I started tetra parasite guard today. I just didn't understand. I feel like what more can I do?
I just want to hang my head down
Patrick
partobe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2014, 10:52 PM   #2
DayOlder
Wounded Warrior

PTrader: (3/100%)

I think the problem is that everything was going so good for so long you thought you had it under control when in fact, and you have to know this if you've been in it this long, we are never really in control. The best we can hope for is a rest period between battles. I'm sorry but I'm clueless about your Angles and I would of started some sort of parasite treatment like you did but I do know you and your tank will get through it. Hope someone has a better idea of what is going on with your tank.
DayOlder is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2014, 11:33 PM   #3
partobe
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks day older :-)
Old 08-20-2014, 12:47 AM   #4
20cc
Planted Member

PTrader: (17/100%)

you gotta deworm them from time to time.
20cc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2014, 01:44 AM   #5
partobe
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks 20cc
I dosed the tank with tetra parasite guard hopefully it will work and there will be no white poop tomorrow

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.