LFS In Raleigh
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > North Carolina

Old 02-25-2008, 02:01 PM   #1
GreenThumbing
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

LFS In Raleigh

I recently moved to the area, and it would seem there are not too many Aquarium stores here?? I tried Fish World, but they do not open until 1pm?? not that its a bad thing, but I work afternoons, so they open when im going to work. Anyway I have used the Pet Smart here, but they are pretty limited in what they carry, and will not special order anything for me. I cannot seem to find anywhere else in the area that carries FW plants, or Fish, everyone is Saltwater only. I heard there is a place in Durham, but its an hour one way, and in this traffic its going to be more like 2 hours each way . Does anyone have any suggestions for the area? I actually live in Clayton.

Thanks
GreenThumbing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2008, 02:34 AM   #2
apachepony8
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Fish Pros in Raleigh opens at 9am or 10am and they have a decent selection.

There's also Carolina Pet Supply in Garner, which can be hit or miss. They have some really nice fish sometimes, and not much others. They open reasonably early too.
apachepony8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2008, 02:19 AM   #3
GreenThumbing
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachepony8 View Post
Fish Pros in Raleigh opens at 9am or 10am and they have a decent selection.

There's also Carolina Pet Supply in Garner, which can be hit or miss. They have some really nice fish sometimes, and not much others. They open reasonably early too.
Thanks,

Garner is close for me, i'll check it out. where in raleigh in Fish Pros?
GreenThumbing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2008, 03:13 AM   #4
apachepony8
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Fish Pros is on Western Blvd, on the end by Carter Finely stadium and the RBC center.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=f...i=lmd&z=14&t=m
apachepony8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2008, 03:13 AM   #5
mette
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenThumbing View Post
I recently moved to the area, and it would seem there are not too many Aquarium stores here?? I tried Fish World, but they do not open until 1pm?? not that its a bad thing, but I work afternoons, so they open when im going to work. Anyway I have used the Pet Smart here, but they are pretty limited in what they carry, and will not special order anything for me. I cannot seem to find anywhere else in the area that carries FW plants, or Fish, everyone is Saltwater only. I heard there is a place in Durham, but its an hour one way, and in this traffic its going to be more like 2 hours each way . Does anyone have any suggestions for the area? I actually live in Clayton.

Thanks
I like the Triangle Tropical Fish -- the Durham store -- it's my regular spot. Fish Pros and Fish World are both in Raleigh and both OK, but neither are as good for freshwater stuff, especially plants.

Fish Pros used to be my second-string, but they've changed locations and put the place up for sale, and things have declined a bit. I think there is an illness in the family or something. I've gotten some nice fish from them in the past.

If you're willing to make the drive (and it's quite a haul from Clayton), TTF gets a plant shipment in every other Tuesday (or round abouts).
Old 02-28-2008, 03:14 AM   #6
mette
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachepony8 View Post
Fish Pros is on Western Blvd, on the end by Carter Finely stadium and the RBC center.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=f...i=lmd&z=14&t=m
They have moved up the block - no more doubling back on that freaking one way underpass.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:15 PM   #7
BottomFeeder
Planted Tank Obsessed

I've had great luck with Pet Pad in Cary (http://www.petpadpets.com/) which is only about a mile from 64 south off of Cary Parkway. They do special orders as well, and I've gotten some rather large plants for a very good price.
BottomFeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.