Low-Tech Balance? - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Low Tech Forum

Old 08-05-2014, 03:29 AM   #16
Hoppy
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (74/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coowigg View Post
Okay, that makes sense. I'll start double-dosing Excel. I just did a 50% water change too. Now for the Flourish and Flourish Potassium, do I double-dose those aswell, all on separate days? Also, should I buy an EI pack from Grean Leaf Aquariums, containing Plantex CSM + B, KNO3, KH2PO4, K2SO4, and forget about all the Flourish products?
Flourish fertilizer dosage tables appear to be designed for low light tanks only. When you have more light than that you have to dose more than the table amounts. Personally, I would order the dry chemicals you listed and use the Flourish comprehensive as a micronutrient mix until it runs out, then switch to the CSM+B, and I would keep using the Excel at double dosage.
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2014, 08:31 PM   #17
JPrice904
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coowigg View Post
Okay, that makes sense. I'll start double-dosing Excel. I just did a 50% water change too. Now for the Flourish and Flourish Potassium, do I double-dose those aswell, all on separate days? Also, should I buy an EI pack from Grean Leaf Aquariums, containing Plantex CSM + B, KNO3, KH2PO4, K2SO4, and forget about all the Flourish products?
I recently started planting my 55 gallon. I took the plunge right away and bought the EI pack from Green Leaf Aquariums along with two of there 500ML dispensing bottles.
I recently found this thread by zorfox very useful http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=647697. Basically I follow the same routine except I dose 1/3rd of the ingredients as suggested. That along with root tabs. I'm interested to see if my tank does well as it's my first planted one.

Tags
algae, balance, fertilizer, green water, low-tech