Pink leaves in my 3 gal
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 05-03-2004, 02:48 AM   #1
neon_heaven
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Hi guys,,, ive been running a 3 gal nano for about 2 months now,
i use a red sea nano filter, and a 8000k pink 13 watt compact flourescent realux bulb, and a scaled down diy co2 reactor like the one on this site.. i dose .25 ml of tropica master grow once a week and i use tetra pond lily grow tablets for substrate fertilization. i keep a strict 11 hour photo period

my plants are:
hydrocotyle verticillata
hemianthus callitrichoides
bacopa monnieri
limnophila sessiliflora
giant hydro
hydrophilia poylsperma

fish:
2 neon tetras
3 rasboras
3 gosht shrimp
1 small pleco
1 kuhli loach

my question is that the giant hydro is sprouting pink leaves.. when i bought it the leaves were all green ,,, is this a bad thing????

and one more question.. the hydropilia polysperma seems to stop growing,,, i take some from a 5 gallon and plant it but seems to just stay at the same size,, im wondering why it does well in my 5 gallon with a [censored][censored][censored][censored]ty light and seems to have a stunted growth in my 3 gallon ..

i will soon have pics to show everyone my 3gallon and i hope to get some feedback on my 2 questions..

thanks everyone...
neon_heaven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2004, 11:48 AM   #2
SCMurphy
PT Biologist

PTrader: (4/100%)

I have trouble controling the growth of Hygrophila polysperma in a 30 gallon tank. I can't imagine that stuff in a 3 gallon tank, or a 5 for that matter. Where did you get Hemianthus callitrichoides? Are you in Singapore?

Aquascape? I'm a crypt farmer.

It's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot.

That IS an aquascape, it's titled "The Vacant Lot".
SCMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2004, 01:42 PM   #3
neon_heaven
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

sean ,, i live in toronto Canada, i picked up my hemanthius from my LFS,,its a product of Tropica, and its doing great,,, when i purchased it was about .5 cm tall,,, after 2 weeks it has grown to 3 cm tall...
neon_heaven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.