The Unnamed Oasis-7.5g rimless - Page 5
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 07-23-2014, 12:57 PM   #61
orchidman
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhatshocked View Post
Really fancy Whiteclouds or Boraras of some sort? Those would be my picks. Both would really pop with a black background.

Tiny Cories would be cool but I have a feeling you'd lose them to accidental jumping.

Definitely a few Amanos and a couple Nerites or Ramshorns.

Pretty sure this tank has made me want to use glass/acrylic pipes on my next setup.
I think White Clouds would throw off the scale, they're too big. Do you know how Boraras school?

My pipes are acrylic and I love then! You should get some! Mine were made by a guy named Martin who used to frequent these forums, haven't heard from him in a while though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
orchidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2014, 02:47 AM   #62
somewhatshocked
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (430/100%)

B. brigittae and their brethren don't so much school as they do hang out together. But they'll stick together most of the time. Love love love them in tanks like this. Perfect size. You could easily keep 15-17 with no problem at all.

This will sound cheesy... but... what about male Endlers? I always get flamed when I mention them but they are so hardy and lively. Not as cool as Boraras, though.
somewhatshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:51 AM   #63
orchidman
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhatshocked View Post
B. brigittae and their brethren don't so much school as they do hang out together. But they'll stick together most of the time. Love love love them in tanks like this. Perfect size. You could easily keep 15-17 with no problem at all.

This will sound cheesy... but... what about male Endlers? I always get flamed when I mention them but they are so hardy and lively. Not as cool as Boraras, though.
I guess sticking together is better than not hanging out at all! I will look into the Boraras.

I actually considered endlers too, I used to have them and I loved them however, since I already had them I'd like to try something different.

Old 07-24-2014, 05:17 AM   #64
Pandanke
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

http://msjinkzd.com/ has a bunch of really interesting very small catfish and other smaller fish that might work with your scale. The Hara Jerdoni are especially interesting to me.

The domino tetra she has are also going to keep rather small, and are also rather uncommon.
Pandanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:23 AM   #65
orchidman
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandanke View Post
http://msjinkzd.com/ has a bunch of really interesting very small catfish and other smaller fish that might work with your scale. The Hara Jerdoni are especially interesting to me.

The domino tetra she has are also going to keep rather small, and are also rather uncommon.
I'm definitely planning on getting my fish from Rachel! I might be out near her house this weekend so I was going to see if I could stop by to pic up some fish.

I'm not sure that I really want any catfish besides the otos, there isn't that much open floor on this tank for them to hangout on.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:08 AM   #66
Pandanke
Algae Grower

That's true. I think I am channeling my inner desire for the Hara Jerdoni, hahaha. They are super neat. Hopefully you find something you like from her, I haven't ordered from her yet, but they seem awesome and I am pining so hard for a "honeycomb catfish" - they are so fat and cute.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:20 PM   #67
orchidman
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
That's true. I think I am channeling my inner desire for the Hara Jerdoni, hahaha. They are super neat. Hopefully you find something you like from her, I haven't ordered from her yet, but they seem awesome and I am pining so hard for a "honeycomb catfish" - they are so fat and cute.
How big do the Jerdoni get? I was under the impression that they are about 4 inches.

I've gotten fish from her in the past and they're always super healthy and great.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:02 PM   #68
Pandanke
Algae Grower

As far as I know, they don't get bigger than about an inch and a half. That is part of my interest in them.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:33 AM   #69
orchidman
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
As far as I know, they don't get bigger than about an inch and a half. That is part of my interest in them.
Oh wow! That's small! I still don't think I have enough open substrate for them, but maybe in the future!

Old 07-25-2014, 05:40 PM   #70
Julee
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Man, I can't get over this tank. I adore it.
Julee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:47 PM   #71
orchidman
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
Man, I can't get over this tank. I adore it.
Thank you so much, Julee! It means a lot. After over over a year of staring at it in the dry start, I'm so happy to see it filled.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:57 PM   #72
Brian_Cali77
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)

Really nice setup overall. I love the hardscape with that DW! Great work!!! Looking forward to more developments.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:53 PM   #73
Little Soprano
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I don't know if it was mentioned anywhere, but where did you get those beautiful Anubias bartari v. Micro? Could definitely put them to use in my current scape in progress!
Little Soprano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:15 AM   #74
orchidman
Planted Tank Guru

Thanks all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Soprano View Post
I don't know if it was mentioned anywhere, but where did you get those beautiful Anubias bartari v. Micro? Could definitely put them to use in my current scape in progress!
I got the Anubias a while ago, maybe a year and a half, from and member here called Cookiemonster. I really love it; It's not cheap though.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:16 PM   #75
orchidman
Planted Tank Guru

Fish are in! I ended up going with a school of 8 Ruby tetras, two otos, and two Amano shrimp. I had originally decided on boraras and told a Rachel that's what I wanted. When I got there, she had pulled a school of boraras as well as the rubies because she thought I might prefer the rubies - she was right! I like them because of their school behavior, color, and they are relatively hard to come by.