CADLights 11g Zen Series
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2014, 11:07 PM   #1
Qwedfg
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Qwedfg's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 394
Default

CADLights 11g Zen Series


Finally got all of my equipment in so I figured it was only right that I start a tank thread. Not too much to see yet but I thought I'd throw the obligatory tank picture in for good measure. I have been out of the freshwater game for a while so this should be a fun refresher course in high tech planted madness.


Build
Tank: CADLights 11g Zen Series (18x11.5x11.75)
Stand: Ikea Besta
Light: Ecoxotic 18" E-Series
Inflow/Outflow: VIV 13mm pipes
Filter: Eheim 2213
CO2: Aquatek regulator + Up Aqua Atomizer

Don't mind the couch or the blue light reflecting from my reef!

Qwedfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-10-2014, 12:00 AM   #2
Down_Shift
Wannabe Guru
 
PTrader: (23/100%)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Beantown
Posts: 1,512
Send a message via AIM to Down_Shift
Default

wow man. can't wait!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwedfg View Post
Finally got all of my equipment in so I figured it was only right that I start a tank thread. Not too much to see yet but I thought I'd throw the obligatory tank picture in for good measure. I have been out of the freshwater game for a while so this should be a fun refresher course in high tech planted madness.


Build
Tank: CADLights 11g Zen Series (18x11.5x11.75)
Stand: Ikea Besta
Light: Ecoxotic 18" E-Series
Inflow/Outflow: VIV 13mm pipes
Filter: Eheim 2213
CO2: Aquatek regulator + Up Aqua Atomizer

Don't mind the couch or the blue light reflecting from my reef!

Down_Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:58 AM   #3
Lyfeoffishing
Planted Member
 
Lyfeoffishing's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: South Florida
Posts: 217
Default

Can't wait to see this I love rimless tanks!!!!

Also I love those lights! Just got a 48" one for my 55 gallon. Only played with it for a few hours so not an expert just yet! Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Lyfeoffishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:24 PM   #4
Brian_Cali77
Wannabe Guru
 
Brian_Cali77's Avatar
 
PTrader: (18/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1,384
Default

I'm a fan of those CAD Lights Zen tanks (and the LIGHT!).... Following
__________________
Brian_Cali77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:24 PM   #5
Qwedfg
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Qwedfg's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 394
Default

So a little update...

My dry start was starting to get mold so I flooded it. Plants have been growing .. especially the S. repens. I have never had this plant before but I bought some of the immersed stuff from petsmart and now I'm not sure what to do with it. I thought this was pretty low growing but mine is tall. Should I top this and replant the trimmings?

__________________
Qwedfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:05 AM   #6
Mike00726
Algae Grower
 
Mike00726's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwedfg View Post
So a little update...

My dry start was starting to get mold so I flooded it. Plants have been growing .. especially the S. repens. I have never had this plant before but I bought some of the immersed stuff from petsmart and now I'm not sure what to do with it. I thought this was pretty low growing but mine is tall. Should I top this and replant the trimmings?

My s.repens has been growing nothing but up in my 6 gal. I think that it I about 4 inches tall right now. I'm going to leave it alone and see what it does.
Mike00726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:08 AM   #7
Qwedfg
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Qwedfg's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike00726 View Post
My s.repens has been growing nothing but up in my 6 gal. I think that it I about 4 inches tall right now. I'm going to leave it alone and see what it does.
I have seen some upward growth but most of what it seems to be doing is widening the leaves and putting down roots. I have really deep substrate in the back of the tank and I can see roots at least 4 inches below some of the s. repens.

edit

I read somewhere you should just bump CO2 24/7 when first flooding the tank. Can there be too much CO2 for plants? At night I raise the lily pipe to get more oxygenation but thats about it.
__________________
Qwedfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012