Complexity Journal: 75g "High Tech" Planted Tank / New pics 8-24-2012!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2008, 04:22 PM   #1
Complexity
Pelvicachromis Lover!

PTrader: (34/100%)
Default Complexity Journal: 75g "High Tech" Planted Tank / New pics 8-24-2012!

I've decided to go ahead and make my own journal for my 75g tank. I have pictures and discussions about it in various threads which I want to put in here so my journal includes the tanks modest beginnings and the changes that have taken place over time. So bare with me while I get this journal together.

When I first got my 75g tank, I wasn't ready to go high tech with bright lights, pressurized CO2 and ferts even though I actually had the equipment to do it. I felt too overwhelmed with the whole thing.

So I started out very modestly by using a plain, one bulb 30" lightstrip that comes the those plastic hood/light sets. This is dim lighting at it's best! With no light, came no live plants. I used silk plants to give the few fish I had at the time a little comfort. I continued this while the tank was cycling and while I was getting my act together.
Vicki —Rena Filstar pimp #142 (four XP4s/three XP2s/one XP1) • Eheim pimp #301 (Pro II 2128) • Victor pimp #27 (VTS-253B-320)

• 90g - Journal Pelvicachromis taeniatus 'Moliwe' —— • 75g - Journal Pelvicachromis pulcher 'Lagos Red' Better Pics 8-24
• 29g - Journal Pelvicachromis pulcher 'unknown' —-- • 29g - Pelvicachromis taeniatus 'Moliwe'
• 5g - RCS colony —————————————————— • 2.5g - Journal Retired

Last edited by Complexity; 08-25-2012 at 01:39 AM.. Reason: Update title
Complexity is offline   Reply With Quote

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.