(Dog Drama) I've been leak testing a 400+ gallon tank in the basement...
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Old 07-11-2014, 04:34 PM   #1
somewhatshocked
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (430/100%)

(Dog Drama) I've been leak testing a 400+ gallon tank in the basement...

over the past couple weeks. It's such a big tank that it's not too far up off the floor. Otherwise, I can't reach down into it for planting, shrimp and all that jazz.

So whattya know?

Was just down there tinkering with it and getting ready to drain it (saving the water for use in the garden and re-use in the tank). Happened to have a few big totes stacked beside the tank that contain all of my tools and some hardscape material.

While my back was to the tank, the Dachshund decided to hop up on the totes and GO FOR A SWIM IN THE TANK. Hates the bath, won't go near a pool, can't stand getting his feet wet. And he jumped right in.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Guess I'm going to have to work hard to make sure this sort of thing doesn't happen again.
somewhatshocked is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2014, 04:44 PM   #2
lauraleellbp
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)

My cat is quite a jumper, and has ended up in both my 46gal and 90gals on at least one occasion each when he didn't realize that I hadn't put the glass canopies back that I usually keep on the tanks. Wasn't on purpose on his end and he definitely wasn't happy about it either time, though! ROFL The last time he was in my 90gal I had been sleeping and woke up when I heard the splash. Went out in my living room to find a big puddle with wet paw prints running away and a very indignant and soaked cat furiously grooming himself under the dining room table.
Tampa Bay Aquarium Society - Next meeting Monday, Sept 8, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!
TBAS Annual Fish Auction - November 1st!!

lauraleellbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:25 PM   #3
somewhatshocked
Obsessed? Maybe

Not even sure the little Dachshundbeast can swim. Has shown little to no interest in tanks the past four years.

Talk about a moment of panic!
Old 07-11-2014, 07:11 PM   #4
Bushkill
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

I've seen lots of pictures people's cats perched on glass covers and even a Youtube vid of one than was a little on the chunky side that broke the glass cover and went for an unexpected swim, but I think you may have a first on your hands there! I think a video would've been awesome.
Thankfully, my shepherd and his mother before him HATE water, but I have caught him slurping water out of the tanks on the lower racks!
Old 07-11-2014, 07:23 PM   #5
somewhatshocked
Obsessed? Maybe

It's a shame my phone wasn't in my pocket at the time. But... one too many mishaps in the past means I leave the phone AWAY from any tank I'm near.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:38 PM   #6
Bushkill
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhatshocked View Post
It's a shame my phone wasn't in my pocket at the time. But... one too many mishaps in the past means I leave the phone AWAY from any tank I'm near.
Ah yes! Daughter # 2 just learned that Iphones don't swim in the toilet. Set her back a few $.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:44 AM   #7
RWaters
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushkill View Post
Ah yes! Daughter # 2 just learned that Iphones don't swim in the toilet. Set her back a few $.
My son learned that lesson years ago. He also learned that it doesn't work after a dip in the pool ... or a swim in the ocean! He most recent lesson? If you drop it, it will still work with a cracked screen.
RWaters is online now   Reply With Quote