no sales of crayfish anymore
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Missouri

Old 07-06-2014, 06:58 PM   #1
TheFishWhoKnocks
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

no sales of crayfish anymore

Tropical World just informed me that MDC passed a law banning sale of all crayfish?? Anyone have more info on this?
TheFishWhoKnocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2014, 07:01 PM   #2
cjstl
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I haven't heard anything about it. Guess I should have picked up some CPO's a few weeks ago
cjstl is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2014, 07:12 PM   #3
cjstl
Planted Tank Enthusiast

It was passed on May 31st.

Missouri's new regulation is another step to prevent new invasions.
On May 31, the Conservation Commission approved the commercial sales of only northern crayfish (Orconectes virilis), also known as “virile” crayfish, from in-state sources for live bait, effective March 1, 2014.

The regulation limits the sale, purchase and importation of other species of live crayfish in the state to human consumption, scientific research, or as food for confined animals kept by approved entities, such as research institutions, agencies or publicly owned zoos. The regulation prohibits the importation, sale or purchase of other species of live crayfish in the state for all other uses, such as fishing bait, pond stocking or as pets or pet food. The new regulation does not apply to other types of bait or to dead or preserved crayfish.

Other states already ban the sale, use or importation of live crayfish as bait to some degree. Those states include Arizona, Idaho, Maryland, Minnesota, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming. Arkansas and Pennsylvania are considering a ban.

http://mdc.mo.gov/fishing/protect-mi...pread-crayfish

Bummer...
cjstl is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2014, 04:51 PM   #4
TheFishWhoKnocks
Algae Grower

Ironic, as soon as my CPO berried for the first time, I called TWP looking for more of these and was told they don't sell them anymore.

Even more ironic, my female berried CPO passed away a few days later... she had some damage from the male I think, incurred during mating....

Still need to figure out what to do with my last male CPO.
TheFishWhoKnocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.