Brian's ADA 60P (Ver. 2.5) + Ecoxotic E-Series (Starts Pg 34) - Page 33
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 04-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #481
Brian_Cali77
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)

Naw didn't catch that. I was wondering what woof meant? Lol

Old 04-09-2014, 07:31 PM   #482
parrottbay
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Glad we have that understood now. Lol how many tanks do you have running now?
parrottbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:35 PM   #483
Chris_Produces
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

This tank journal has served as much needed inspiration for me, since I'm also running a Sat+ fixture, to try a very nicely colorful planted tank. I was skeptical at first, thought I was going to end up moving to a T5HO fixture. This journal kept me on track though lol. I just purchased my 2nd Sat+ for my 40B and I'm pumped!!!
Old 04-16-2014, 12:28 AM   #484
Brian_Cali77
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrottbay View Post
Glad we have that understood now. Lol how many tanks do you have running now?
4 at my place, and 2 at my parent's house I setup and maintain. How about you?

Edit: not counting the 2 tanks out of commission in the garage.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:30 AM   #485
Brian_Cali77
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Produces View Post
This tank journal has served as much needed inspiration for me, since I'm also running a Sat+ fixture, to try a very nicely colorful planted tank. I was skeptical at first, thought I was going to end up moving to a T5HO fixture. This journal kept me on track though lol. I just purchased my 2nd Sat+ for my 40B and I'm pumped!!!
Sounds nice! A 40B would sound great for two Sat+ lights! Nice shallower depth to get just enough light, plus more even coverage front and back. Post some pics in the Sat+ Club so we can link to your journal.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:22 PM   #486
Chris_Produces
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Cali77 View Post
Sounds nice! A 40B would sound great for two Sat+ lights! Nice shallower depth to get just enough light, plus more even coverage front and back. Post some pics in the Sat+ Club so we can link to your journal.
Yeah it def looks better and the plants look great. Now I need to switch my drop checker to a more reliable solution. All I have right now is that white bottle with all the green chinese writing all over it. My DC can be yellow as all get out and the fish won't show any signs of stress. Got to get that API reagent. Posted up on the Sat+ Club.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:29 PM   #487
dru
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
The stand seems as sturdy as ever. I was a little worried because, I'm not sure if you've read back further in my thread, but I had a pretty bad fire in my apartment not too long ago. Sprinkler water got everywhere, including the stand. It wasn't soaked (i think) but there were definite hard water stains by the time I removed my tank and stand. I cleaned everything up, and there was no warping I can see and it looks good as new. I had the stand on blocks to raise it off the floor at my old place. I believe this saved my stand because there's a dark soot water line on those old blocks (apartment was flooded).

I have since replaced those blocks with Besta legs.. it raises the stand by 5". I was a little concerned about the strength of the legs, but they're solid too. I just inspected my stand now with a flashlight and see no issues.

Here's a pic as of today (new legs installed):

Oh that is sexy. If they are sturdy those legs seem like a no brainer
dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:14 PM   #488
Chris_Produces
Planted Tank Obsessed

Is there a new updated list of all the plants you currently have planted in this tank?
Old 05-06-2014, 10:27 PM   #489
Brian_Cali77
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dru View Post
Oh that is sexy. If they are sturdy those legs seem like a no brainer
Thanks... yes sturdy as my tank is still held up by them (thank goodness).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Produces View Post
Is there a new updated list of all the plants you currently have planted in this tank?
Same plants, same setup... rescape in the coming month or two.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:31 PM   #490
Brian_Cali77
Wannabe Guru

So here's a new development with my 60p. I had to take an emergency leave to the Philippines because my grandma got ill and passed away shortly after. So I was overseas for about a month. I had my GF take care of my tanks, but that didn't work out too well. My CO2 stopped because the regulator somehow came loose off the cylinder and I came home to algae galore and dead plants...

Moreover, our moving to a new place has been delayed for another 2 to 3 months.. I was pretty much going to give up on this tank and start fresh. But instead, I decided to recover it with slight modifications.

So instead of a full-on rescape, this has become a salvage operation. I'm going to remove the DW, add more stone, and rearrange some of these plants (somewhat). Hopefully I can get these plants healthy again. I'll call this Ver. 2.5. Not yet worthy of Version 3, which will have an all new look and setup. This will probably be shortly after we move.

But for Ver. 2.5, I'm going to make one notable change, I'm swapping the dual Sat+ for a single Ecoxotic E-Series. For now it will sit directly on the tank. However, my goal, in the not too distant future, is to get the official 'hanging kit' and suspend the E-Series since it has the extra PAR power to do so. I want to have an open top again, and I believe the E-Series will allow me that. At that point, I'll do the full rescape with a frosty opaque white background w/ canister & Lily pipes. Something clean and more minimalistic. We'll see...
Old 06-25-2014, 05:24 AM   #491
kman
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Good luck! Let me know how you get rid of that algae...
Old 06-25-2014, 01:27 PM   #492
AnotherHobby
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Damn that sucks! Salvage operations can be very rewarding though. If you want any donated plants to speed up the processes, let me know. I trim every Sunday.
AnotherHobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:51 AM   #493
Brian_Cali77
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman View Post
Good luck! Let me know how you get rid of that algae...
Thank you. Will do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherHobby View Post
Damn that sucks! Salvage operations can be very rewarding though. If you want any donated plants to speed up the processes, let me know. I trim every Sunday.
Yeah it's a challenge and when it recovers it will be an accomplishment. Wow man, I really appreciate the offer of donated plant trimmings. It's just so darn hot in AZ right now, I'm afraid the plants wouldn't survive shipping without cool packs and an insulated box. Too much trouble to put you though. It's cool though, I'll make do with what i have.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:52 AM   #494
talontsiawd
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd

Quote:

Yeah it's a challenge and when it recovers it will be an accomplishment. Wow man, I really appreciate the offer of donated plant trimmings. It's just so darn hot in AZ right now, I'm afraid the plants wouldn't survive shipping without cool packs and an isolated box. Too much trouble to put you though. It's cool though, I'll make do with what i have.
It doesn't matter, they will survive 99% of the time. I can ROAK you some stuff too, PM me, it will be random stuff from my 60P if you need any.
talontsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:36 AM   #495
AnotherHobby
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Yeah it's a challenge and when it recovers it will be an accomplishment.
It's a challenge for sure. You've seen my tank, and how bad I destroyed it last November. It can take a while, but you can totally do it.

Keep your eye on the weather. If you get an opening, let me know. Or, ship it to your work if possible where it won't sit out in your mailbox. Your only risk is $6 worth of shipping.
AnotherHobby is offline   Reply With Quote