Chads Arduino Build - Page 5
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > DIY

Old 03-29-2014, 09:13 PM   #61
Chiefston
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Chads Arduino Build

So, after a couple trips to Ace, I got some good advice from one of the guys there. Instead of trying to cobble together a bunch of fittings, why not just use the same idea as the CO2 into the cerges reactor? So, I simply drilled a 3/16" hole in a 1/2" PVC plug, and pulled some air line tubing through. Add a couple check valves, and now my dosing pumps can pump into the filter line after the cerges reactor.

Chiefston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2014, 04:41 AM   #62
sketch804
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (44/100%)

Great project you have going on here! I would like to do something similar. Definitely following.
sketch804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:24 AM   #63
Chiefston
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Thanks sketch! It has been a very long journey. I have everything hooked up now, however since I mounted my project box, it is now in close proximity to the capacitance sensor, and I am getting the ghost readings again So now I will have to move the sensor board again... Oh well. In better news, the tank is being put back together. Since I intend to have such a pronounced slope, I am going to use egg crate under the substrate to help with erosion. Work has begun on that part, and I intend to flood the tank sometime this week

Underneath the tank. Still a little messy, but I'll do some cable management down there soon.

Closeup of the chemical injection port. I drilled a 3/16" hole in a PVC cap and pulled some air line tubing through. There is a check valve just outside of it. I have two lines running into the top cap, as I didn't really have room for another PVC "T" fitting. I will run micros into the single port, and macros into the T fitting to keep them from mixing and precipitating. I also was able to calibrate the pumps today.

Shot of the tank with the egg crate being built. I need a couple more levels of the crate and then I start scaping!
Chiefston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:59 PM   #64
redfire123au

PTrader: (0/0%)

G'day was wondering if you could re upload the Arduino code?
redfire123au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:36 PM   #65
PhysicsDude55
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Very cool build. Nice use of an arduino.
PhysicsDude55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arduino, controller