Got my $80 Pressurized CO2 running!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2003, 04:54 PM   #1
GulfCoastAquarian
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (6/100%)
Send a message via ICQ to GulfCoastAquarian Send a message via Yahoo to GulfCoastAquarian

Ok, so it ended up a bit over $80, but the basic components are:

I got lucky on the CO2 cylinder, and it was even aluminum, but they shouldn't run more than $50 at just about any welding supply store.

I made the diffusion reactor with an old Tap Water Purifier I had lying around. I epoxied an inlet, tangential to the cylinder, near the top. The water swirls around downwards, and then travels back up through a UGF tube back up to an exit at the top.

My bubble counter is a glass oregano spice bottle. I drilled two holes in the top, epoxied some lines in place and filled it with water. Had to seal the lid on with silicone, and it doesn't leak.

So far the plants are responding with intense pearling by late evening. It's been running for just two days so we'll see how much growth we see versus the old yeast CO2 method I was using. Just being able to remove all the clutter from the tank (reactor, tubes, powerhead, etc) is a nice bonus by itself!
GulfCoastAquarian is offline   Reply With Quote

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.