new
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Indiana

Old 06-12-2014, 01:51 PM   #1
fish311
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

new

I have just joined the forum and I am interested in joining a club in indiana. I live in Tipton which is just barely north central. I have about 5 years experience in aquatic gardening but had to from texas back to indiana and could not bring anything with me. So if someone could give me some tips for stores in indianapolis northward that would be great.
fish311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2014, 05:15 PM   #2
benjaminleebates
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Greetings!

I live over in anderson.
I often go to Uncle Bill's on 141st and SR 37. They have a good variety of plants and fish. The coolest thing is that sometimes they don't even know what they have. I've gotten some pretty pricey fish that were mis-identified.

Petsmart has been doing better. look for the plants on the endcaps in the pouches, STAY AWAY FROM THE TUBES. If they looks healthy, go for it.

Then if all else fails, I go through aquabid.com for my plants and shrimp...
Good Luck!
benjaminleebates is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2014, 10:07 AM   #3
DudeonThaCouch
Algae Grower

Talking Yay someone else that's new

I just moved from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The best store I've found in Indiana for anything fish/plant related, The Reef Aquarium Shop.

5613 N Keystone Ave, Indianapolis, Indiana

It's pretty far from me.. about 40 some miles but well worth the trip, you won't find better looking fish. They get in their fish on Thursdays 12 - 3 anything floating in the bags are 15% off. Sundays are the plant days (on and off better to call and check first) Most plants are $2 - $5 rarely anything more expensive and Wednesday they do water RO/Salt for 70 cents a gallon. Hope this helps you of course Uncle bills and Petsmart / Petco everywhere.
DudeonThaCouch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2014, 06:42 PM   #4
ismaris

Another great option is Inland Aquatics. I live down in Camby, so I take advantage of its close location. They have a massive location in Terre Haute as well.

https://www.inlandaquatics.com
ismaris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.