Phoenix friends - CO2 Tank search
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Arizona

Old 05-12-2014, 04:50 PM   #1
jeffturneraz
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Phoenix friends - CO2 Tank search

Was wondering if anyone could share info on good places to get a tank.

I want a 5 lb and I would prefer an aluminum if possible.

I called place named Phoenix Welding Supply downtown PHX and the guy let me know that they did have a 5 pound tank but it was steel, it was $89 and it would cost $18 to fill it.

I have read a really cheap price would be $1 per pound for a tank fill.

Should I be looking somewhere else?

I am also considering ordering the 5 lb off GreenLeaf but I assume the shipping on something that heavy would be pricey.

One last thing, I do live and work in downtown Phoenix, I would prefer to not drive out to Tempe or Chandler or wherever, but I will if that's what it takes.

So anyway, can you give me any tips on good places to go? It would be much appreciated, thank you.
jeffturneraz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #2
DGarone
Algae Grower

Well, I bought two brand-new tanks off Amazon, I think, last year for like 60-something bucks each. I get them filled at Topps Liquor in Tempe. It's right by ASU, so I know it's a bit of a drive for you; however, they fill them for $5. From what I gather, that's amazingly cheap. And it's not that far of a drive. I live across the street and get to the capitol at rush hour in 20 minutes. So on a Saturday, I imagine, you could be there in 10 or 15.

Tank link Tank link

DGarone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2014, 05:47 PM   #3
jeffturneraz
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGarone View Post
Well, I bought two brand-new tanks off Amazon, I think, last year for like 60-something bucks each. I get them filled at Topps Liquor in Tempe. It's right by ASU, so I know it's a bit of a drive for you; however, they fill them for $5. From what I gather, that's amazingly cheap. And it's not that far of a drive. I live across the street and get to the capitol at rush hour in 20 minutes. So on a Saturday, I imagine, you could be there in 10 or 15.

Tank link.
Oh okay thanks for the tip, you work at the capitol?
jeffturneraz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2014, 05:54 PM   #4
DGarone
Algae Grower

For the time being.

DGarone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.