Where to buy Apistos
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fish

Old 03-30-2004, 06:12 PM   #1
Aquaman
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Anyone know where to get Apistogramma Cichlids that are not too expensive? Most places I have checked, like Aquabid, are relatively inexpensive but the shipping is ridiculous.
Aquaman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2004, 04:51 AM   #2
Aquaman
Planted Member

What? Noone know where to get Apistos?
Old 04-01-2004, 08:42 AM   #3
Raul-7
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)

Shipping fish is always expensive...get them from Apisto-Dave.
Raul-7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2004, 02:39 AM   #4
Aquaman
Planted Member

Ok, ill give Apisto Dave a try.
Old 04-03-2004, 12:27 AM   #5
Ibn
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (9/100%)

I'll second that advice for Apisto Dave. The list of transaction that occured is interesting to say the least . Here's the lowdown on what I ordered and what came out of it...

Won an auction on aquabid for a pair of A. nijsenni and received an email confirmation with a list of other fish that he had available at the time. In addition to the A. nijsenni, I also picked up 4 A. maciliensis mamore, and a pair of A. borelli. After I paypal'ed him, I received the box of fish with the pair of A. nijsenni and a trio of borelli (he shipped me an extra male in addition to the pair that I had asked for), but the maciliensis mamore were missing. I also noticed that the nijsenni seems to be both males but decided to wait it out since they were relatively small still. I emailed him later that day and he apologized for having forgotten to ship the maciliensis mamore out, and that he would ship them out with the next batch. A week and a half afterwards, I received 6 maciliensis mamore (he shipped two extras out and didn't charge me for the shipping at all) and emailed him. By that time, I was definite that the nijsenni that I had gotten from him were indeed confirmed males and told him. He then offered to send me two extra fish and all that I had to pay was $25 for them (which is basically shipping charges). I received these two fish a week afterwards.

Even though it took around a month to finally acquire all the fish that I wanted, it was worth the wait. Dave is an awesome person to work with and I would do business with him if I happen to be on the market for more Apistos :roll: . Also, he has quite a few copies of Mergus' Cichlid Atlas left when I last contacted him, which is an awesome book if you're on the lookout for one.

BTW, sorry for the long post.

Ibn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2004, 05:28 AM   #6
Aquaman
Planted Member

Thanks for the replies. I have been checking out aquabid for Apisto Dave's auctions and since im new to Apistos would like to start with some A. Cacatoides. They seem to always have bids on them. i am am thinking of contacting him directly to maybe work something out.
Old 04-10-2004, 03:17 PM   #7
Aquaman
Planted Member

Apisto Dave is great. I shot him an email telling him that I was looking for Apistos and that the Planted Tank recommended him. I told him I had been looking at Aquabid bu that the auctions were always full. He responded immediately and asked what I needed. I told him my setup and that I wanted a harem of A.Cacatuoides, but was not sure of how many so he is sending me a male or 2 and 3 females. i should get them on Tues. Yayy, im so excited. Getting the tank ready for them today with water change, plant trimming etc. Apisto Dave= THE MAN!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.