Where do you buy fish online?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fish

Old 04-23-2014, 06:25 PM   #1
adamprice271
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
Send a message via AIM to adamprice271

Where do you buy fish online?

I'm curious as to where most of you guys and gals get your fish online. I only have one or two LFS left around here (best freshwater store closed a few years ago to retire) and I try my best to steer clear of the chains.

I love freshwatertropicalfishonline.com for all of my cories and pleco needs

The only other place I've ordered from was wetspottropicalfish.com as they get tons of new stuff all of the time. I got a trio of red eye dwarf puffers last year and I'm waiting for more to come in on their list. They also have chocolate gouramis and all sorts of hard to find species. Let me know where you go as i love looking for new things.

Adam
125g semi planted. 2 silver angels, 14 silver tips, 16 white fin ornatus tetras, pair of Nicaraguense, pair of nototus severums, trio of firemouth cichlids. 2 FX5s, 1 1500gph circ pump, 2 48" LED lighs, and a HUGE piece of driftwood.

650g fish room. 15 30g tanks, 150g sump.

Last edited by somewhatshocked; 04-24-2014 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: No vendor reviews
adamprice271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2014, 08:44 PM   #2
majerah1
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)

I buy from others via Aquabid, or go through breeders. I like to have wild type bettas though so sometimes it is much easier finding a person rather than an online outlet.

Eheim Pimp #475
majerah1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:07 PM   #3
Grah the great
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

If you decide to look into North American fish, zimmerman's fish, sach systems aquaculture, and Jonah's aquarium are all helpful.
Grah the great is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:12 AM   #4
iamtechno
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Aquabid is the best. It depends on what you're looking for though. If you go aquabid, just check the seller make sure they have positive feedback. Another really good place is Wetspottropicalfish.com. They have a really good selection of fish and plants. If you are looking for african cichlids there are places like daves rare fish or little africa aquatics among others. Between my brother and I having ordered from a number of places and speaking with others some places definitely have better specimens than others so just really check out what you're ordering online. Myself personally I stick with the places I listed but there are others like bluegrass aquatics and a number of other places.
iamtechno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:21 AM   #5
Aquatic Delight
H is for Hillstream

PTrader: (9/100%)

I really like Gunpowder Aquatics

Hillstream/Boreno Loach Refuge

A Light Heart is Better than a Heavy Wallet.
Aquatic Delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:01 PM   #6
jmf3460
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (11/92%)

www.wetspottropical.com from my personal experience has the best varieties of rare cichlids/dithers and plecos. Their pricing isn't bad and their shipping is top quality.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:42 PM   #7
AquaAurora
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)

I've been waiting to buy from pt member msjinkzd (also has a website with that name). Unfortunately the several types of fish I want to buy (including dwarf puffers) are currently out of stock. I tried contacting her about when a new shipment might be in but sadly have not heard back from her yet. Even with the added wait I'd rather buy from her than other sites/people as she properly quarantines, de worms, and acclimated fish and inverts before selling. She also lives decently close to me.. too far to drive there and back to get fish myself but close enough it should be a quick trip for fish shipping.
AquaAurora is online now   Reply With Quote