Live by nature aquariums
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 04-20-2014, 09:47 PM   #1
Varmint
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

Live by nature aquariums

Hi Everyone,
Years ago, a friend of mine had an antique Victorian seamless rectangular fish bowl for her betta that I absolutely coveted. I have been looking for something similar for a low tech tank. I just bumped into the site for Live by Nature hand blown glass aquariums. Their cubes and aquariums are seamless. Has anyone bought or just seen these in person? I am curious about the quality and clarity of the product. They also sell LED lights for the bowls and I also wonder how good they are.

For those who have never seen these nano tanks here is a link to the website:
http://www.livewithnature.net/
Varmint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2014, 12:09 AM   #2
helgi125
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varmint View Post
Hi Everyone,
Years ago, a friend of mine had an antique Victorian seamless rectangular fish bowl for her betta that I absolutely coveted. I have been looking for something similar for a low tech tank. I just bumped into the site for Live by Nature hand blown glass aquariums. Their cubes and aquariums are seamless. Has anyone bought or just seen these in person? I am curious about the quality and clarity of the product. They also sell LED lights for the bowls and I also wonder how good they are.

For those who have never seen these nano tanks here is a link to the website:
http://www.livewithnature.net/
Holy crap these look amazing, I am in love with the 4g cube and the 2g Pond... Now.. to find a way to explain to my SO that this is the only thing I need in life
helgi125 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2014, 01:33 AM   #3
Varmint
Planted Tank Obsessed

I know, I want, want, want the 4 gallon.

The only thing I am nervous about is the fact that they say the tank may have bubbles and imperfections since it is blown glass. I am thinking it may be kind of similar to the blown glass you see used as kitchen ware. I wish I could see one in person.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:49 PM   #4
gregpxc
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

I was just at my LFS and they carry these. They are very cool looking. I didn't look extremely close but there weren't any noticeable imperfections that I could see. I also picked up the clips by this brand since they were much cheaper than any others they carried. They work well, a little short though. Anyway, the tanks look great and I doubt you'd be disappointed!
gregpxc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2014, 08:04 PM   #5
Varmint
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregpxc View Post
I was just at my LFS and they carry these. They are very cool looking. I didn't look extremely close but there weren't any noticeable imperfections that I could see. I also picked up the clips by this brand since they were much cheaper than any others they carried. They work well, a little short though. Anyway, the tanks look great and I doubt you'd be disappointed!
Thank you. That's good news!
Old 04-21-2014, 08:12 PM   #6
ShortFin
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)

Our lfs used to carry those cubes. IMO, the quality is not very good - bubbles in glass, the bottom glass is thick, glarity not good either. It is very over price, you can go to Michael's Craft store and get the same one for much cheaper.
ShortFin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2014, 02:08 AM   #7
Varmint
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortFin View Post
Our lfs used to carry those cubes. IMO, the quality is not very good - bubbles in glass, the bottom glass is thick, glarity not good either. It is very over price, you can go to Michael's Craft store and get the same one for much cheaper.
Ah, I was wondering. I would be buying it online, so this is good info. I might have to think about it. Thanks for your input!
Old 04-23-2014, 05:09 AM   #8
aznartist34
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)

That site seems to sell items that they repackage or rebrand for themselves for a premium. In sure you can find those glass cubes at crafts stores or flower shops for cheaper. Places like Walmart and target most likely have similar cubes to the smaller ones.
aznartist34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2014, 07:52 AM   #9
Centromochlus
Honeycomb Master

PTrader: (117/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortFin View Post

I agree. I have one of the larger spherical bowls and the glass looks excessively distorted from the outside... not clear at all. The quality (or rather lack thereof) definitely does not merit the premium price.

Centromochlus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.