Planted tank Basics. - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion > The Planted Tank FAQ

Old 11-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #16
asuran
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)

Thanks for sharing!
asuran is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #17
migs_hernan
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Very helpful, thanks for sharing...

migs_hernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:57 PM   #18
Seadon
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.lemay View Post
Copied from the article section of our main web page and very well written by Buck:
http://www.plantedtank.net/articles/...lanted-Tank/4/

Marcel
love this! Thank you so much for posting this link!..I have a question though. As im sure a lot of new Planted Tank(ers) do, I used an inert substrate through inexperience, and I turned a non planted tank into one. So I started with way too little hot pink aquarium gravel, then I added a bit more aquarium sand (20lbs) so I have 10lbs of gravel mixed in with 20lbs of black sand, I would like to beef up my substrate with something with a little better CEC and some more nutrients, but I already have my tank fully up and running with plants now. I am thinking ADA Aqua Soil, Amazonia, what and how much, and what methods would anyone with more experience recomend for adding this to a 65/35 sand/gravel mix that is already established, moderately planted and livestocked??
Seadon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new tank, newbie questions