TeeDee's new 58 Gal
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 03-21-2004, 05:05 AM   #1
teedee
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Hello Everyone!

My 58 Gal tank finally arrived last week and the plants from AquariumPlants.com came in, too. I spend Friday night planting (the tank was already running for a week). It's still abit messy but I am overall quite pleased wiuth the result.
I was quite happy with the service and quality of plants I got from AquariumPlants.com. I got more than I could fit in and that wasn't entirely because I ordered too much... ops: The only thing that could be improved is that I got the email confiming shipment of my order a couple of hours after the package arrived :roll:
The plants were bubbling quite nicely tonight. Not bad after only 24h. Lets see if they survive...

Ciao
TD

P.S. Any suggestions, critisism, etc. are very welcome...
58 gal planted tank - EcoComplete, Eheim 2128, 2x96W AquaLight, pressurized Co2 w/PlantGuild Power reactor and Milwaukee Controler, 8 cory cats, 1 bristlenose pleco, 12 cardinal tetras, 9 head and tail light tetras, 4 amano shrip, and many cherry shrimp...
teedee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2004, 05:06 AM   #2
teedee
Algae Grower

Here are a couple of detail shots...
58 gal planted tank - EcoComplete, Eheim 2128, 2x96W AquaLight, pressurized Co2 w/PlantGuild Power reactor and Milwaukee Controler, 8 cory cats, 1 bristlenose pleco, 12 cardinal tetras, 9 head and tail light tetras, 4 amano shrip, and many cherry shrimp...
Old 03-21-2004, 12:19 PM   #3
SCMurphy
PT Biologist

PTrader: (4/100%)

It looks like you are off to a good start! Good luck though the "break-in".

Aquascape? I'm a crypt farmer.

It's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot.

That IS an aquascape, it's titled "The Vacant Lot".
SCMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2004, 01:10 PM   #4
Buck
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (3/100%)

Very nice start indeed... the only suggestion would be to split the clumps of your lilaeopsis, they will spread more quickly and get a healthier start.

Its obvious you have done your homework, looking good
Old 03-21-2004, 09:58 PM   #5
Tonyd
Planted Tank Obsessed

Looks great, I really like that piece of driftwood on the right.

Tony
Tonyd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2004, 05:25 AM   #6
unirdna
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)

Nice setup, teedee. I've always liked the extra wide dimensions of those 58's. Gives you lots of depth (3D)...as opposed to the long, skinny 55's (2D). Your LFS started you out with very nice-looking plants. All my broad-leaved plants look like crud until they grow in, and the original leaves die off.

ADA 90p - Set up April 2007 - Journal
46g - Terminated March 2007 - Journal
unirdna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2004, 03:42 PM   #7
teedee
Algae Grower

Yes, the dimensions of the tank were the reason I was willing to wait 6 weeks for the tank to come in (my LFS needed to special order it). However, it was well wortth it. I am quite happy with it.

The plants are all mailorder. The quality was really great.

Tony:
The driftwood was a great find at a Sacramento area LFS. It's quite big and had the perfect shape (and it was only $30). I soaked it for ~4-5 weeks to get rid of most of the "tea color".

TD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.