light choice - please let me know before I purchase it
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Lighting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2004, 09:15 PM   #1
lokobreed
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to lokobreed

Hi

I think I decided to go with Current USA 48" Deluxe Power Compact Fan Cooled Hood with Moon-Lite. It is brand new and in the box!! It is the Brand New Orbitz Model! This company is the company that has taken over the Custom Sea Life Line!
--- PICTURE : http://i2.ebayimg.com/01/i/00/fc/a1/58_1.JPG

But a few questions are:

1) My tank is a 55 gallon tank and the lighintg unite I am going to get has 260 Watts of light but 2 are 10,000K Daylight Bulbs and 2 Actinic Bulbs.
Is that to much wattage for a 55 gallon tank? I do want it a bit more than semi planted...

2) Actinic Bulbs are the blue bulbs that can be used for a dusk to dawn effect correct?

3) Will this light allow to be put on timers I would buy from say Lowes to make each pair of lights go on at a certain time?

If you do not recommend this light please recommend me a good one for a 55 gallon planted tank, but I want a light to be able to do a dusk to dawn effect of some sort also

Thanks
lokobreed is offline   Reply With Quote