Spladles Spec V
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 02-07-2014, 04:04 AM   #1
Spladle160
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Spladles Spec V

Hi I just thought I would share my first aquarium.
I was going for a two tone substrate with a rise on the left and a mound on the center right.Cut out some plactic and sandwiched some riccia
Planted my lily and water onions and put in a marimo ball
Added my lobelia, ludwigia red and ludwigia sp. as well as more riccia on mopani
Here it is right after filling up. The rock is a piece of lace rock.
All my ludwigia died and my growth seemed a bit vertical so I decided to upgrade to a 20" finnex planted plus, it's a pretty impressive light. As you can see I added my betta and the lilly has really done well
The YoYo loach by the marimo was my last addition (along with an alway hiding assasin snail) I got him to clear up a bad snail infestation that came with my plants. He didn't eat anything for a week and then in 48 hours or so he ate around 60 pond snails!

I'm planning on getting rid of the loach as he outgrows the tank and adding CO2 micro rasbora and maybe some Taiwan Bees if I can get my parameters right. I'd hate to hav the fish eat any little shrimp babies though.

Tags
journal, nano, spec v