"Iwagumi" 60P - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 02-03-2014, 02:19 PM   #31
The Trigger
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

Beautiful! Filling in nicely

Old 02-03-2014, 03:51 PM   #32
Jdiesels
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMaster View Post
Super Bowl Sunday update pic. Not much more to note other than HC continues to fill in. Will be shaping/trimming the H. glomeratus bushes this week.
Get some red in that tank! it would look amazing with some red in the background!
Old 02-03-2014, 09:21 PM   #33
BeastMaster
Darth Rimless

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Trigger View Post
Beautiful! Filling in nicely
Thanks again. This time around, keeping HC more tightly trimmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdiesels View Post
Get some red in that tank! it would look amazing with some red in the background!
Any suggestions? Thanks.
Eheim Pimp Club #540 Finnex Club Member #11 ADA Gentleman #6 DBP Club 12G Club 60P Club BeastMaster Project Tanks
BeastMaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:45 PM   #34
BeastMaster
Darth Rimless

Quote:
Originally Posted by harilp View Post
:what: :what: WoW :what: :what:

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook using Tapatalk2
It's all G! Good Luck on your planted tank.
Eheim Pimp Club #540 Finnex Club Member #11 ADA Gentleman #6 DBP Club 12G Club 60P Club BeastMaster Project Tanks
Old 02-04-2014, 03:22 AM   #35
Matsnork
Planted Tank Obsessed

Nice tank!

Ive been told putting the co2 feed on the inlet can make the bacteria rather unhappy, but if it works it works.
Matsnork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:54 AM   #36
BeastMaster
Darth Rimless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsnork View Post
Nice tank!

Ive been told putting the co2 feed on the inlet can make the bacteria rather unhappy, but if it works it works.
Thank you Mat. Issues about CO2 and bacteria, Co2 attacking filter parts (impellers, o rings) so far are just hear say with no evidence to to back it. I have heard from members on this forum and read on other forums of individuals who have been doing this method of CO2 saturation for extended periods of time without mechanical or biological problems occurring. So far those issues have not risen. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:12 PM   #37
harilp
Planted Member

Quote:
It's all G! Good Luck on your planted tank.
Thnx alot buddy!!

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook using Tapatalk2

Don't Care about money while you enter into a hobby
harilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:48 AM   #38
Matsnork
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Thank you Mat. Issues about CO2 and bacteria, Co2 attacking filter parts (impellers, o rings) so far are just hear say with no evidence to to back it. I have heard from members on this forum and read on other forums of individuals who have been doing this method of CO2 saturation for extended periods of time without mechanical or biological problems occurring. So far those issues have not risen. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Any issues with air/co2 pockets or noise in general from the filter? When the filter burps and hisses from regular air pockets leaving the system it can be quite annoying...

I must give this setup a try on my eheim 2217 @ sunsun pre filter. The sunsun should act as a sort of a reactor if I'm lucky. I have also got a mixer diffuser left over, and maybe if used together with a inline atomizer on the filter inlet things will dissolve very well... Thoughts on this?
Old 02-05-2014, 06:37 AM   #39
BeastMaster
Darth Rimless

Talking

Quote:
Any issues with air/co2 pockets or noise in general from the filter? When the filter burps and hisses from regular air pockets leaving the system it can be quite annoying...

I must give this setup a try on my eheim 2217 @ sunsun pre filter. The sunsun should act as a sort of a reactor if I'm lucky. I have also got a mixer diffuser left over, and maybe if used together with a inline atomizer on the filter inlet things will dissolve very well... Thoughts on this?
The set up is silent, burps are infrequent and minimal to nonexistent. Possibly the needle valve on my CO2 regulator is turned down low enough (bps>1) and the canister outflow double tap is throttling the water flow (valve position 50% open) to minimize formation of CO2 pockets. Also, the placement of the CO2 atomizer before the filter and running it through the filter media, IMO assists with gas absorption (increased contact time).

While watching the water flow thru the output lily pipe, I do not observe any micro bubbles zipping thru the pipe. The few micro bubbles seem to form at the fluted end of the lily pipe. It's quite possible that gas absorption is almost complete under pressure (atomizer needs 30-40 psi to operate & additional agitation/compression by the filter's impeller). When the pressure is decreased as the water enters the tank, the CO2 saturated water releases the CO2 in the form of micro bubbles (analogy-opening a container of soda). So that's my theory. Anyways, good luck on your attempt.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:07 PM   #40
Matsnork
Planted Tank Obsessed

This kind of setup almost deserves it's own thread.

When contemplating rebuilding my own setup I remembered that the 2217 has got a bigger inlet, so can't use my current diffuser or reactor. Will have to do some shopping :P

Thx for the inspiration
Old 02-06-2014, 12:10 AM   #41
merckey
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)

My HC carpet gone because of adding some RCS..
Looks like you will get a new carpet ~
merckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:14 AM   #42
BeastMaster
Darth Rimless

Quote:
This kind of setup almost deserves it's own thread.

When contemplating rebuilding my own setup I remembered that the 2217 has got a bigger inlet, so can't use my current diffuser or reactor. Will have to do some shopping :P

Thx for the inspiration
I do have a thread on this topic. Check out "CO2 thru a canister filter" thread in equipment.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:12 AM   #43
BeastMaster
Darth Rimless

Quote:
Originally Posted by merckey View Post
My HC carpet gone because of adding some RCS..
Looks like you will get a new carpet ~
This time around will stay on top of trimming to keep low and tight. If carpet gets too lush, Neos & Apistos get underneath and burrow into root system, causing carpet lifting. There's hope for your carpet too. Good luck.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:55 AM   #44
BeastMaster
Darth Rimless

Default Update Pic

HC continues to fill in and getting thicker so, trimming will happen soon. Did some major trimming of H. glomeratus and E. tenellus. Keeping the tetras but considering removing the A. caucatoides (6 males). Will also be removing the in-tank CO2 diffuser and installing an inline diffuser on the intake line.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2165.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	303746  

Old 04-30-2014, 08:37 AM   #45
BeastMaster
Darth Rimless

Default Quick Update

Received the CO2 inline diffuser for this tank. Installed diffuser & check valve just below the intake violet pipe and before the Ehiem double taps. Did some trimming of the H. glomeratus and will do the HC next week. The hardscape and plant placement is getting close to the initial layout I was trying to achieve. The major trim back of the E. tenellus was probably the final piece of the puzze to how I visualized the tank layout to be. Tank looks much cleaner with just the newly cleaned violet glass pipes and no in tank CO2 diffuser. Pics to follow after I clean the glass.