13.3 Bow Front Sort of Kind of Wannabe Dutch ;) - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 10-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #31
keats
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

13.3 Bow Front Sort of Kind of Wannabe Dutch ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tithra View Post
Just tested for you. Tank kh and gh are 2 (I'd actually like for gh to be a bit higher than that, it's typically at 3), and pH is 6.4
Ok, I was thinking about getting some Syngonanthus sp. belem but I'm worried about my Gh being too high for it. Mine is at 8. Thanks for testing, btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Old 10-21-2013, 10:42 PM   #32
Asu1776
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (36/100%)

Very nice tank! I like the contrast with the different size leaves. Have you been trimming the top off your plants and replanting them cause it seems like there are no cut stems through all the pictures. Your HC is filling in rather evenly and nicely as well. Just curious, but are the plants infront of the stargrass dwarf downoi?
Asu1776 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #33
tithra
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (15/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asu1776 View Post
Very nice tank! I like the contrast with the different size leaves. Have you been trimming the top off your plants and replanting them cause it seems like there are no cut stems through all the pictures. Your HC is filling in rather evenly and nicely as well. Just curious, but are the plants infront of the stargrass dwarf downoi?
Thank you!

In terms of trimming, I top the tonina fluviatus, s. belem, and wallichi (I had been just chopping this one down to trim, but it always grew back awful looking so I've started topping it). The rest I chop down within 1/2 and inch of the substrate typically when I trim, although with the ludwigia red I've just been halving those and replanting. The panantal hasn't reacted great to just being chopped down so far, so that might be another one that I need to top, but I haven't had it for too long so we'll see.

The plants in front of the stargrass are downoi. They came from petsmart in the emersed packs, so I don't know about them being 'dwarf'? Is there a variation that is dwarf?

This tank actually just got moved to a 40 gallon breeder this weekend because I found a small crack in one of the corners of the tank and didn't want to risk it. The amazing thing is I had enough plants from that 13 gallon to pretty much fill the 40
tithra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2014, 07:04 PM   #34
keats
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

I'm anxious for an update!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.