philly area swap list. great for local pickups! - Page 173
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Pennsylvania

Old 01-28-2014, 02:17 AM   #2581
Mizuhuman
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)

aww man. gitmoe I wished you done this earlier. I don't have anything I want right now, but if you ever do the group buy again, please let me know I am very interested.

have fun guys

Old 02-02-2014, 05:00 PM   #2582
GitMoe
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (39/100%)

I'll be placing my plant order tonight or tomorrow so last call to get on board. I have a Finnex Ray 2 coming this week as well. I already have the ferts and Co2 junk from my previous high tech tanks. I'm excited to get this new tank fully planted and running...

I added some Julii Corys and a Featherfin Squeaker catfish to the tank today. Needed some bottom dwellers to scavenge...
GitMoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:23 PM   #2583
scapegoat
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (15/100%)

I've got some elatine triandra for sale. $6 for a 2"x2" patch. it doesn't ship well, but grows well once it takes root. So would like to sell locally.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:04 PM   #2584
fogduck
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

I know it's not plants but is anyone interested in some free fish? Pickup only, I am in South Philadelphia. I just rescaped a tank and am looking to rid of old stock, I've gotten into microfish but can't set up another tank.

You DON'T have to take all these guys as a group - if you are just in the market for some, let me know.

5 Rosy Barbs (puntius conchonius)- 1 male, 4 female - short/pale-fin variety, chubby and healthy, good color.

2 Gold Barbs (puntius semifasciolatus) - both probably female - one has equilibrium issues that it's had for years. Both otherwise healthy. Last two survivors of what was formerly a big group.

1 3" Chinese Algae Eater (gyrinocheilus aymonieri) - sex unknown - hasn't shown any aggression towards any tank mates but they are known to get at least twice this size and prey on flat-bodied, slow fish so keep that in mind if you want to take it home.
I've had all these fish together for years in a 29 gallon high. That's the minimum requirement for the CAE, although it will eventually need a bigger tank than that. Supposedly they get up to 11 inches, although anecdotally, owners say they rarely do... Mine has a good and varied diet and has only grown an inch in 3 years.

Anyone interested or know someone who might be?

Last edited by fogduck; 02-04-2014 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: clarity
fogduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:10 AM   #2585
GitMoe
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (39/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapegoat View Post
I've got some elatine triandra for sale. $6 for a 2"x2" patch. it doesn't ship well, but grows well once it takes root. So would like to sell locally.
I could be in for some of that. High light / Co2 / ferts required? I just setup a high tech tank so in theory I should be able to grow just about anything. Was going to do glosso carpet but all the glosso I ordered could be used in another tank instead...
GitMoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:41 PM   #2586
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

I'm still around. On a different forum now, this one got too commercialized. :-( gonna be looking for some more crypts in a month or so when I set up a little 15g crypt garden :-)
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:17 PM   #2587
ThinkTank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
I'm still around. On a different forum now, this one got too commercialized. :-( gonna be looking for some more crypts in a month or so when I set up a little 15g crypt garden :-)
Hey Bill - been a while. I'm not on much lately either. What forum are you on? Let me know if you need crypts.
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:18 PM   #2588
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

To!! Daniel-San!! I definitely will let you know! I'll send you a pm about the forum. I got my hand spanked last time I posted it in an open forum lol
Old 02-06-2014, 09:36 PM   #2589
ThinkTank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)

Hi All,
I have some stuff i'd like to get rid of.

Please excuse the messy tank - I just moved it from the basement to my office on the 2nd floor and made a mess of it.

Cherry shrimp
low-grade CRS
Xmas moss
Small crypts, wendti red, parva, green
a couple stems of Alternanthera reineckii roseafolia
And
A giant Crypt Nurii pahang mutated - its shading half the 10g and I lost most of my DHG carpet

I also have 10-12 albino cories free to a good home (i'll throw in some cherrys and a couple CRS to anyone who takes them off my hands).

Other stuff:
Sponge filters
Petco airpump
24oz CO2 tank
Glass diffuser

PM me if you're interested in anything.

Pick up only in Collingswood NJ.

pics:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 2.JPG (114.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg photo 5.JPG (152.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg photo 1.JPG (118.8 KB, 3 views)
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:45 PM   #2590
The Trigger
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Bill! Good to see you're still around. Let me know also what forum your on got worried a while back when you said you were taking a break. Didn't think I'd see you back.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:47 PM   #2591
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

I told you I needed some time while we moved. I'm not back in it full time. But soon will be.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:52 PM   #2592
The Trigger
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
I told you I needed some time while we moved. I'm not back in it full time. But soon will be.
Awesome. I'll have plenty of stuff to give you once you're back in the swing of things. Just let me know
Old 02-06-2014, 10:54 PM   #2593
midlife_hobbyist
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

Bill,

Good to see you posting.....

Hope everyone has their heat back and hasn't lost too much...I unfortunately can't say that....Lost most of my yellow labs and who knows what else.. Hoping I have electric when I get home from work.
midlife_hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:59 PM   #2594
The Trigger
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife_hobbyist View Post
Bill,

Hope everyone has their heat back and hasn't lost too much...I unfortunately can't say that....Lost most of my yellow labs and who knows what else.. Hoping I have electric when I get home from work.
Jesus. Sorry to hear that Bryan. I got lucky and never lost power. Did you have a battery powered air pump on hand?
Old 02-06-2014, 11:22 PM   #2595
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife_hobbyist View Post
Bill,

That's sad news :-( I hope your power returns very soon!! We were very fortunate to not lose power.