The Planted Tank Forum banner

"The Divide" 49G Rimless Starfire

Tags
jimmy jam
5K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  jimmyjam 
#1 ·
Hey guys, here are some pics my 49 gallon starfire that has gone through some changes in the past 3 years.

The stuff at the back of the last few photos is just peacock moss grown on stainless steel mesh that I was growing, its out of there now.

current plants:
HC
MM,
M.glomeratus
rotala rotundafolia sp pink
peacock moss
phoenix moss
flame moss
needle leaf fern
crypt parva
microsword
erios belems
s.repens
long hair grass

Substrate: Netlea w, homemade slow release tabs
Co2: 2bubbles/sec
Ferts: homeade EI liquid ferts, home made iron liquid ferts
lights: 6xt5HO

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks sam, on another note, what is the best way to post pics in bulk here? Is it better to just upload using the uploader device on the forum, or upload to photobucket and then page url? Or maybe Icloud and then paste?

#11 ·
ThNKS GUYS!

I have used tap (which is about tds 140) for majority of its existance, but with all my dosing and some rock leaching, my tds is almost 320 (gh 10, kh 7) I think this led to the melting of my Tonina sp belems? I started adding some RO to it now (aiming for TDS 200), lets see if it turns it around. This is literally the only plant that I have ever had die on me (excluding crypt melts) thats is not associated with light,co2 or nutrients) Any suggestions?

#17 ·
Just did a bunch of revamp and buying of plants , thanks kyle for the recent purchase
l. Sph
rotala macaranda mini butterfly
so India
rotala Mexicana aragouaia

Srepens

ammania gracilis

Ludwigia sp tornado

Steurogyn sp purple [
IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/20/a9urumy6.jpg[/IMG]
Umbrosum sp monte Carlo

Mermaid

Rotala sp mini butterfly type 2

Cyprus helferi

Fissidens so geppi

R.macaranda sp caterpillar

Bacopa japan

Need a id in the left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#20 ·
Here is a update of the new plants . I'm getting a bit of issues with new growth with the macaranda mini butterfly , and rotala ap mini type two . Both have shrivelled new growth. I'm thinking it's a iron issue, hard water issue, or lack of calcium since I have been doing 1/3 ro water. I have been putting extra iron without too much change, Next will be going back to full tap water , if that doesn't work then full ro with gh booster . The plant does well in my akadama spoil , so I was thinking it was a iron issue. Ummm

Monte Carlo doing very well

Steurogen especially purple is def a slow grower but doing well

Best hc growth without algae I have had in a while, probably due to ro water and me controlling frets better .

Alt mini doing better and taking off

Crazy growth of Mexicana aragouaia , it looks like aromatica

Fts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 ·
about to start this tank up again, cant wait. Send me a pm again if you are interested in questions.

Currently I setup a 100 gallon frag style tank , and its full of goodies. Now I a 75 gallon at the clinic at form and function, 75 at my pops for growing out bigger plants like vals and amazons, 10 gallon buca and rares, and about to open this one up again after our move.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.