Looking for lighting fixture and ADA AS
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Hawaii

Old 12-31-2007, 07:18 AM   #1
gotcheaprice
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)

Looking for lighting fixture and ADA AS

Alright, so, looking to reset up my 10 gallon into a iwagumi, so I need a new light and ADA AS. I'm looking for around 40 watts, and I've been looking at this one specifically:
http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS...ripwlunarlight

It could be something similar, but this would be nice if we had it locally. So far, cheapest I've found was around $60+$17 shipping, so I'm trying to find it locally.

Also, anyone doing a ada as order anytime soon? I want only 1 9L bag, and a 2 L bag of powersand, so I'm seeing if anyone else is doing an order so I can jump in.
Thanks!
gotcheaprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2008, 05:05 AM   #2
milesm
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

i believe big al's doesn't ship to hawaii

drsfosterandsmith.com charges double normal shipping charges to hawaii and alaska

thatpetplace.com charges normal shipping fees to hawaii.

as for your light question, have you considered a 36 watt cf kit from ahsupply.com? i've got a few of their kits retrofitted into all-glass strips. great customer service.

as to your ada as question, i understand you ask, because as you know, kalihi pet has it but charges $50 for a 9l bag and $24 for 3l bag. after contacting that ada store in houston, i found out that with shipping a 9l bag was also $50

my wife is thai and we live in thailand a few months of the year. i bought a 3l bag for around $12USD last October from the thai ada dealer. she thought i was nuts after i told her i was gonna bring it back in my carry on, and she was right!
milesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:59 AM   #3
gotcheaprice
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Lol, thanks for the sites! Yeah, I might end up buying them from the adgshop in houston though, since shipping still saves me a little(it's still about $6 less and no tax) and I'm gonna order some other stuff probably. Plus, jeff at adg seems like a really nice guy and can probably help me tons... I wonder how much kalihi pet makes per bag on those things -_-

And another site I like since shipping is cheap is kensfish.com
They don't have a light fixture for a 10 though xD
Old 01-20-2008, 03:24 AM   #4
manini
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (61/100%)

which ADA AS you looking for and I do have Powersand S if you interested. LMK.
manini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 05:57 AM   #5
gotcheaprice
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Oh, yeah, I was gonna order powersand with my other order from adg too, the special S. How much do you have? I was looking for a new bag 2L or something like that. If you aren't in a urge to sell it though, you don't have to since if I order from adg, it'll only cost me $20+extra $4 shipping or so with my other stuff.

And I think I'm gonna set up a 60P instead of the 10 gallon, and get rid of one of my tanks xD
Old 01-20-2008, 08:13 AM   #6
manini
Planted Tank Obsessed

I have a couple of bags left. So your doing a 60P in stead of your 10 gal. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get it from, and how much. BTY are you the same person on APC with the same handle?
Old 01-20-2008, 08:55 AM   #7
gotcheaprice
Planted Tank Enthusiast

yep, same. I never got the 60P yet, but I'm still debating. I'm gonna order from adgshop.com and it's $95 + shipping, which is $48. I'm ordering a bunch of other stuff there too, so shipping stays the same as long as I don't order too much.

Also, is it the special S one, cause I'm looking for that one specifically.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:38 AM   #8
manini
Planted Tank Obsessed

Yes it is the Powersand special S 2L bag. I also saw on APC that you looking to order Amazona II 9L. How many bags you looking to get?
Old 01-20-2008, 09:42 AM   #9
gotcheaprice
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I'm getting 2 bags.
And alright, I'll take one of those bags off your hand some time. How much do you want for it?

Unless you want to make some extra money off someone who's not ordering from adg already though since shipping with my other stuff is only $2 more.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:13 PM   #10
manini
Planted Tank Obsessed

I'll just hold on to it jus incase I decide to change my mind and decide to layout another tank again.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:44 PM   #11
gotcheaprice
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Kk, hehe, yeah, it'd be better than you wanted to set up another tank and then not having it and having to order another bag xD

And I think I'm gonna go to the HAS meeting this February 1st(that is when it is right?)
Old 01-20-2008, 11:21 PM   #12
manini
Planted Tank Obsessed

Yup, thanks for understanding. The meeting is on the first friday of every month and yes it is on the 1st of this month. Sometimes they do have some ADA stuff available there for sale. Might just get lucky this coming meeting.