Brian's ADA 60P (Ver. 2.5) + Ecoxotic E-Series (Starts Pg 34) - Page 21
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2014, 01:48 AM   #301
Down_Shift
Wannabe Guru
 
PTrader: (23/100%)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Beantown
Posts: 1,496
Send a message via AIM to Down_Shift
Default

Great work Brian. Glad you're back in the 60p game!! The skimmer is a hob single unit or works off the canister?
Down_Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-22-2014, 02:02 AM   #302
ua hua
Planted Tank Guru
 
ua hua's Avatar
 
PTrader: (50/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,376
Default

The Africana soil looks really nice with the Ohko stones. Sometime in the future I plan to do a 12gal. long with the Africana, Ohko stones and Congo sand foreground.
__________________
All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death life is only a dream which is an imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ua hua's 90 gal. high tech
ua hua's 5,000 gal. water garden
ua hua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:25 AM   #303
FlyingHellFish
Wannabe Guru
 
FlyingHellFish's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,918
Default

Very very very nice layout! I love that African soil, my ADA dealers never stocks any of the exotic type.

I also like that "plant list" on the scape, it looks as if a professional graphic designer did that for you. :P

I would like to do one but my skills only go as far as MSPaint.
FlyingHellFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:53 AM   #304
billbug68
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Lake Elsinore, CA
Posts: 64
Default

Awesome, dude! I like this scape better! It should fill in nicely!
billbug68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:22 PM   #305
RyanMan
Algae Grower
 
RyanMan's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
Posts: 93
Default

Looks great! Love the new substrate.
RyanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:00 PM   #306
Brian_Cali77
Wannabe Guru
 
Brian_Cali77's Avatar
 
PTrader: (16/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down_Shift View Post
Great work Brian. Glad you're back in the 60p game!! The skimmer is a hob single unit or works off the canister?
Thank you, Sir! The Skimmer is it's own unit, like a powerhead or internal filter with a Skimmer intake. It's actually working quite well right now and there's no more burping bubbles. I even turned it off last night to test how fast the surface gets murky. Sure enough, this afternoon the water had some oil slick / protein layer... turned the Skim350 on, it got the surface crystal again in like less than a minute! Works great!
__________________
Brian_Cali77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:03 PM   #307
Brian_Cali77
Wannabe Guru
 
Brian_Cali77's Avatar
 
PTrader: (16/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ua hua View Post
The Africana soil looks really nice with the Ohko stones. Sometime in the future I plan to do a 12gal. long with the Africana, Ohko stones and Congo sand foreground.
Thank you for the comment. I really like Africana right now. I got so used to seeing Amazonia dark substrate, this lighter color is a nice change. It has really grown on me. Plus, the color options in the Sat+ lights can really affect how the Africana looks. For instance, when I put the Sat+ on Sunset or Cloud Cover, the substrate just pops out to you. Looks great! The Ohko stones are a great combo with the substrate, IMO. LMK when you launch your 12L scape, I'd love to follow along
__________________
Brian_Cali77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:11 PM   #308
Brian_Cali77
Wannabe Guru
 
Brian_Cali77's Avatar
 
PTrader: (16/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHellFish View Post
Very very very nice layout! I love that African soil, my ADA dealers never stocks any of the exotic type.

I also like that "plant list" on the scape, it looks as if a professional graphic designer did that for you. :P

I would like to do one but my skills only go as far as MSPaint.
Tony! Buddy... Thanks for the compliment on the scape. Now I know it's good to go now that I got the blessing of the 60P Club president!

So you can't get Africana in Canada? Are there not any US sellers that can send it to you? If one of us US folks sent a bag up there, would we have to do some crazy customs forms/fees?

Anyway... you should outline your next scape in MSPaint! Let's see the plan, bro! New scape for 2014! BTW, are you going to keep those fancy disco lights on the tank? I think they look pretty cool
__________________
Brian_Cali77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:15 PM   #309
Brian_Cali77
Wannabe Guru
 
Brian_Cali77's Avatar
 
PTrader: (16/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbug68 View Post
Awesome, dude! I like this scape better! It should fill in nicely!
Thanks, Bill! I tried to plant the UG as nice as you do the HC. I had to fight the urge to plant haphazardly. I thought this somewhat organized planting would appeal to your OCD. I know you and my GF are on another level in terms of rock placement. Did I "miss the mark" in that respect... be honest! LOL
__________________
Brian_Cali77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:16 PM   #310
Brian_Cali77
Wannabe Guru
 
Brian_Cali77's Avatar
 
PTrader: (16/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMan View Post
Looks great! Love the new substrate.
Thank you very much!
__________________
Brian_Cali77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:48 PM   #311
billbug68
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Lake Elsinore, CA
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Cali77 View Post
Thanks, Bill! I tried to plant the UG as nice as you do the HC. I had to fight the urge to plant haphazardly. I thought this somewhat organized planting would appeal to your OCD. I know you and my GF are on another level in terms of rock placement. Did I "miss the mark" in that respect... be honest! LOL

Nah man! It looks great!
billbug68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:07 PM   #312
FlyingHellFish
Wannabe Guru
 
FlyingHellFish's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,918
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Cali77 View Post
Tony! Buddy... Thanks for the compliment on the scape. Now I know it's good to go now that I got the blessing of the 60P Club president!

So you can't get Africana in Canada? Are there not any US sellers that can send it to you? If one of us US folks sent a bag up there, would we have to do some crazy customs forms/fees?

Anyway... you should outline your next scape in MSPaint! Let's see the plan, bro! New scape for 2014! BTW, are you going to keep those fancy disco lights on the tank? I think they look pretty cool
I dig the scape indeed, it was good enough to make me go back and rethink my scape. I'm back at square one thanks to you :P

About the customs- The receiver pays the custom fee, the form is just what it is. I remember asking about the powder type of AquaSoil and it was special order and a long wait.

The lights are good, my plants were pearling last night. The LEDs they uses are commonly found in the higher end LED systems, think ELOS (ADA's more expensive and attractive sister in europe), so I know they are capable of growth. Its the damn Marine colour I can't get use to, I can set the colour down but I'm sure the PAR goes down too. I'm going to suggest that they add more white LED along with a few other improvements, then this light be a killer.



Hopefully you got something to review soon?
FlyingHellFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:57 PM   #313
agentkhiem
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (3/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 158
Default

Hi Brian, how is the stand holding up so far? I've read that the material is prone to warp when in contact with moisture. Any issues with the water changes?

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
agentkhiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:00 PM   #314
talontsiawd
Planted Tank Guru
 
talontsiawd's Avatar
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Concord, CA
Posts: 4,305
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentkhiem View Post
Hi Brian, how is the stand holding up so far? I've read that the material is prone to warp when in contact with moisture. Any issues with the water changes?

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
I have the same, as do many others and I am just about at the 6 month mark, nothing I can see is any different from day 1.
talontsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:07 PM   #315
agentkhiem
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (3/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talontsiawd View Post
I have the same, as do many others and I am just about at the 6 month mark, nothing I can see is any different from day 1.
So no warping with water drops?

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
agentkhiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012