My 90 Gallon Dream Tank Build - Page 7
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 01-15-2014, 07:14 PM   #91
Texan78
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Here is a shot of the tank just 3 days old now. Water is clearing up more and more each day. So hopefully by this time next week it will be sparkling. I did some moving of the plants around to make room for my foreground plants I have ordered since the ones I got were in bad shape and not even plantable. So that is why it is so bare in front. That wasn't on purpose. Some plants in the back are starting to rebound and getting new growth. Now if only the others would get the memo we would be in good shape. I am really looking forward to seeing how it looks once it fills in. BTW, that is only 1 BML 10K Planted 46" running right now at 100%.

Texan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2014, 10:12 PM   #92
xmas_one
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)

You're going to be staring a tank of split pea soup if you don't get some more plants in there in a hurry.
xmas_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:08 AM   #93
Texan78
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I have more foreground plants coming. The ones I got were completely melted and unusable and they even forgot to ship some all together. With the exception of the foreground the rest of the tank is packed solid. It is really hard to tell or see that from the pics because of the driftwood and rocks and the way the substrate slopes.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:45 AM   #94
KimberlyDiaz
Algae Grower

The tank looks pretty great. Nice pictures you got out there.Loved them. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:19 AM   #95
Texan78
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Here is a little history of how this tank as involved to what it is today.

Keeping tanks and reefs is something I have I have done for 20+ years. I have had many aquariums over the years but currently I have a 90G in wall reef, and 2 55G in wall reefs and now this 90G planted tank. The 90G in wall reef is about to get upgraded to a 6-700G in wall. That will leave me with 1 extra 55G and 1 90G. I would like to do a discuss tank next with the old 90G reef that is about to get upgraded and replaced or get a 125G to do a discuss tank in. If so that will leave me with a 55 & 90G to do something new in. Any suggestions?

55G Fish Only freshwater tank which was set up for 7+ years that I took down in Nov to go Planted. Tank was this crystal clear and clean the entire 7 years.

Upgraded to 90G High Tech Planted tank. Hopefully in time this 90G will look just as densely planted and good as the artificial plants in the 55G

Last edited by Texan78; 01-16-2014 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: typos
Old 01-16-2014, 05:18 PM   #96
Texan78
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Just realized I haven't posted a full tank shot of the fully completed tank with stand and all. Lighting isn't great but here is the tank with the finished canopy and stand.

Old 01-16-2014, 05:21 PM   #97
FishFinatic
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Looking good!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
FishFinatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:09 PM   #98
Tardigrade

Thumbs up

Nice job Texan, I am in the planning phase of my 90g planted dream tank and other than some of the details we are obviously pretty close in terms of our dreams

This has been a great post for me in terms of mounting things etc. I had already landed on BML lights, Apex system, Fluval 406 (not sure if I will switch to lgr Eheim yet), Hydor heater, CO2 (going with a DIY reactor), and was thinking about a dosing pump as well. I was also thinking about pvc plumbing outside of the cabinet and like your clear pvc/and spray bar ideas. I am going without a canopy, and going to use Seachem Flourite as a substrate (I already have 3 bags and liked it when I used it previously) but other than that we are really close.

Thanks for sharing as it helps my plan
Tardigrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:27 AM   #99
jlfkona
Algae Grower

Any update?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
jlfkona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:23 PM   #100
FishFinatic
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfkona View Post
Any update?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
+1

Grow Stronger!
FishFinatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:05 AM   #101
MamaJu
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)

Texan78,

Thanks for sharing your story and tank progress. I love it! and you gave me some ideas for my wishlist. Too bad you don't live closer because I need someone to build me a cabinet for my dutch aquarium. Now why didn't I think of the inline heater???

Looking forward to seeing your tank grow
MamaJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:41 AM   #102
Texan78
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Wasn't much to report from my last report but here is some pics from three weeks ago. I trimmed back all the new growth and pulled all the melted growth that was expected from the initial planting and replanted the new growth. I reorganized the scape some in a manner that I thought would look good when it started to fill in. I also got my mid ground s. repens, and my foreground dwarf baby tears and Downi as well as added a couple other background plants. I have been adding some as I go.

I have been doing 40-50%ish water changes every other day and dosing PPS-Pro 15ML each day before the lights come on and of course injecting CO2. Everything is sparkling and doing very well. My dwarf baby tears are coming along slow but I do see progress. Other than that the water parameters are perfect and everything is golden.

So here are some pics from 3 weeks ago of my "pea soup" from when I did all that I talked about. These were taken during a water change and right after rescaping and cleaning the tank. Lights are off right now and I just did a water change this evening so I will get some pics of how it looks as of now and post an update in a couple days so you can see the progress which is substantial compare to these pics.

Here is some pics from the top

Now some close ups of the different areas of the tank and the overall view.

Last edited by Texan78; 02-19-2014 at 06:24 AM.. Reason: typos
Old 02-19-2014, 11:19 PM   #103
Texan78
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Well here are some updated pics from today. The ones I posted yesterday were from 3 weeks ago and here is the progress 3 weeks later. Water is a little cloudy but it always is a little bit the day after I do a water change. Tomorrow is will be crystal clear and be time to change it again. Looking forward to when I can cut back to once a week.

3 Weeks Ago

Today

You can see a lot of progress in just 3 weeks and I am pleased with how things are progressing.

Old 02-20-2014, 12:32 AM   #104
ua hua
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (50/100%)

Looking really good. Give it some time to fill in some more and it will look even better.
All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death life is only a dream which is an imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ua hua's 90 gal. high tech
ua hua's 5,000 gal. water garden
ua hua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:19 PM   #105
Texan78
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Well here is a small update since I updated about 2 weeks ago. I think I have CO2, Lighting, and Ferts finally dialed in and tank in good balance. Since my last update you can see the plants on the left side have exploded in growth since two weeks ago. The right side is small because I just planted new plants last week and did some moving around. Also the Dwarf Baby Tears looking like they are finally taking roots and spreading. Spreading slowly but at least I am seeing some progress. Hopefully in a couple months I should have a good foreground carpet if things continue to progress. So may have some plants to sale or trade soon. I am looking for some Japonica if anyone knows where I can find some.

Anyways, here is the progress of the tank since two weeks ago and some over head shots when I was doing some work on the tank last week.