Anyone in kitsap county? - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Washington

Old 01-17-2014, 11:35 PM   #16
WalaxR
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)

I'm on wa fishbox as nick_87 so I probably know some of you guys as other usernames as well haha. Just working on my 75g with a mess of random plants. Just about to put my safe t sorb in as I only have gravel at the moment and have some Corys, angels, bn plecos and adding a bunch Bolivian rams as we speak. I'm looking for co2 stuff and a t5 HO lights if Anyone has any for sale.
WalaxR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2014, 11:43 PM   #17
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (38/100%)

Hi WalaxR,

Welcome to TPT, this is a good very website if you are into planted tanks.

-Roy

Seattle_Aquarist is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2014, 10:15 PM   #18
simplefin
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Woot woot! Hello my fellow kistap neighbors! I live in Bremerton

What tanks do you guys have set up?

I think its kind of cool to know that I'm not alone around here lol. Trying to explain my plant hobby to some of my friends gets some weird looks
Old 02-27-2014, 04:28 AM   #19
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru

Hi simplefin,

Not only are there some hard core hobbyists over in Kitsap county you can always take the ferry over to Seattle and catch a GSAS meeting. Lots of 'plantheads' in the club with the unusual species offered at the monthly and big auctions as well. Welcome aboard!

-Roy

Old 02-27-2014, 03:51 PM   #20
simplefin
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Yes, I've known about you guys for the last few years, but I just haven't had the opportunity to make it across the water yet. Are most of your meetings open to the public?
Old 02-28-2014, 02:48 AM   #21
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru

Hi simplefin,

Guests are welcome not only at our regular meetings but also our big auctions (Saturday; April 12th). We do expect that after a guest visits us a few times they would be willing to spend the $15 annual dues (which entitles members a 10% (or more) discount at our local sponsor stores).

GSAS Sponsor Stores

Old 03-02-2014, 03:44 PM   #22
Gerb89

PTrader: (0/0%)

I have been in Bremerton for some time now and have been running a low tech planted 36 gallon bowfront for awhile. I have made the plung into CO2 and am wondering where folks in kitsap county are getting their tanks filled/exchanged at?
Gerb89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2014, 04:00 AM   #23
WalaxR
Algae Grower

I too am taking the plunge into co2 and have called everywhere within kitsap county to find the cheapest gas and tanks. Pacific welding supply in Bremerton has the cheapest of both. May I ask where you bought your tank at gerb89.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:08 AM   #24
Gerb89

I haven't purchased a tank yet. Not sure I will if all I'm going to do us just exchange it. Would rather just find a well used one, unless they will fill it while I wait. But most places wont do that. Do I need to provide an empty tank the first time I go to get a full tank?
Old 03-03-2014, 05:30 AM   #25
WalaxR
Algae Grower

I believe so. If you find anywhere to buy a used tank please let me know!
Old 03-03-2014, 04:42 PM   #26
Guyver
Algae Grower

Olympic Brewing Supplies in East Bremerton, just over the Warren Ave. Bridge from Bremerton, does CO2 refills for $19 for my 5# tank. Not sure if they sell CO2 tanks but it's worth a look. There's also a hydroponics store in downtown Bremerton on 6th St. that refills bigger CO2 tanks.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:14 AM   #27
Gerb89

Thanks for the info guyver. Olympic brewing is real close to my house so it looks like I will invest in a tank.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:40 PM   #28
PokeSephiroth
Algae Grower

Send a message via AIM to PokeSephiroth Send a message via MSN to PokeSephiroth Send a message via Yahoo to PokeSephiroth Send a message via Skype™ to PokeSephiroth

I'm in Bremerton! I also am part of another local forum for Washington folk, like us. I can PM you details about it.

As Seattle_Aquarist stated, there's also the GSAS, it's a great group of people that are also local. Hi Roy!
PokeSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2014, 09:08 PM   #29
WalaxR
Algae Grower

Welcome To the dark side or should I say high light side Poke. Good to see you on here as I know you will add a lot if interesting and fun stuff to this board as well.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:30 AM   #30
PokeSephiroth
Algae Grower

Send a message via AIM to PokeSephiroth Send a message via MSN to PokeSephiroth Send a message via Yahoo to PokeSephiroth Send a message via Skype™ to PokeSephiroth

It's always great to see other local fish hobbyists!
I'm getting started on another tank, it's a 12 gallon rimless tank by Mr. Aqua, I'm planning on doing this as a high tech planted tank, so I'm slooooooooooowly ever so slowly, piecing all the things together, at the moment. I currently have the lights down. Next thing I need, is a mini co2 kit. I figure since it's just a 12 gallon, those mini co2 kits will last me a while. Smaller upfront cost, but higher maintenance costs...but because it's a small tank, I figure I can make do with the "higher maintenance cost" since I won't be replacing the co2 cartridges as often.

After that, I will try and find an adequate stand, that's tall enough for people to view the tank without having to bend down. So if you find anything like that, please let me know! LOL!
PokeSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.