Please critique/offer advice on my 55 gal
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 01-12-2014, 11:45 PM   #1
gcmatt87

PTrader: (0/0%)

Please critique/offer advice on my 55 gal

I've got a 55 gallon planted tank and my specs are: Eco-complete substrate with root tabs, "Current" brand full-spectrum freshwater satellite LED plus a one-bulb T5 fixture (had it lying around and added it after I wasn't very impressed with growth using LED only), Marineland 350 filter and 300 watt heater. I'm pushing pressurized CO2 with a 5 lb tank thru a glass diffuser. You can see the diffuser in the photo and I've got a power head on one end of the tank pushing current towards the diffuser to push the CO2 around the tank. I'm running lights and CO2 11 hours a day, with CO2 starting an hour before lights come on and and stopping an hour before lights go off. I'm also dosing daily with API CO2 booster and bi-weekly with Flourish.

My plant species are: Cryptocorne wendtii, cryptocorne basii (or something similar), an amazon sword, java fern, water wisteria, water sprite, willow moss, dwarf sagittaria, dwarf hairgrass and anubia nana, along with a couple of lily and onion bulbs.

I would just appreciate any critique on my aquascape, dosing, specs, etc... to fully enhance my tank or any other parameters you think I'm missing.
Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140112_190705.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	259137  

gcmatt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2014, 12:19 AM   #2
HUNTER
Wannabe Guru

Looks good, but why would you dose Co2 booster when you're already injecting Co2? Also, you might want check out dry fertilizer, much much cheaper than commercially bottled ones. I see a lot of your plants are low lights, not sure though if your lighting fixtures are a bit strong for anubias and ferns, otherwise very nice tank.
HUNTER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:07 AM   #3
gcmatt87

I was dosing the CO2 booster before I set up the pressurized system, so I figured I'd just keep doing it until the bottle ran out, since it said it could be used along with CO2 injection as an extra source of organic carbon. What all dry ferts should I look into buying? Would I have to buy them all separately or is there like an all-inclusive mix that contains all the main ones I need? Also, having never seen them available at any of my LFS, do you know where I could get them online?
Thanks
gcmatt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:57 AM   #4
Tzac
Planted Tank Obsessed

Go to green leaf aquarium and look into their dry ferts. Research EI and PPS pro dosing schedules. Buying dry is far cheaper.
Tzac is offline   Reply With Quote