going to Pacific? - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New York

Old 01-06-2014, 11:18 PM   #16
partobe
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

Thanks jczz
The new angel is in the tank. I dripped him for 2 hrs. Hes not as pretty as the other one but hes still a nice looking fish. The tank seems much happier now. The normal angel behavior of chasing but none of them seems interested in killing lol. Well they are going after the endlers
partobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2014, 12:58 AM   #17
jczz1232
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (23/100%)

Ya my Altums does that all the time. They like to nip each other too. Also they will eat any fish that will fit in their mouths.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:02 AM   #18
core212
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)

Those endlers are toast!
core212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:42 AM   #19
partobe
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks jczz
That kinda of thing doesn't bother me. Actually I think its a good thing means their happy.
Love altums. Almost got some but a little expensive and I was told they aren't as hardy as reg store angel. Since im relatively new to keeping angelfish I didn't want to risk it.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:45 AM   #20
partobe
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks core212
I tried to catch them but couldn't get even one tank is too big too many hiding places :-(
Old 01-08-2014, 04:40 AM   #21
jczz1232
Planted Tank Obsessed

I enjoy have Altums compared to discus and angels. Altums has personality, mix between discus and angels put together. One thing for sure they never not afraid of shadows like discus are. But they do need a large/ tall tank for them. And for some reason there is no alpha with in the group. They all nips on each other. And one more thing they not picky on food. But I did started with 9 and ended up with 6. I lost two because they got stuck in plants. And I was not home to see witness this and got stress and die. And the other was unknown. I think 6 a good number for a 120 gal.

But angels are great too and you can breed a pair in 15 gal nicely, some people breed them in smaller tanks. Forget about breeding Altums lol. Also I like orange koi angels. Enjoy!!
Old 01-08-2014, 11:49 PM   #22
partobe
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks jczz
Im having a issue with my albino. He's swimming around nipping on plants but no matter what I feed him he spits it out. Ive tried live brine blood worms as well as frozen and flakes spits it all out. I don't know if I should get a 6th in case the albino decides not to eat and dies
Old 01-08-2014, 11:58 PM   #23
stealthypotatoes
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (21/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by partobe View Post
Thanks jczz
Im having a issue with my albino. He's swimming around nipping on plants but no matter what I feed him he spits it out. Ive tried live brine blood worms as well as frozen and flakes spits it all out. I don't know if I should get a 6th in case the albino decides not to eat and dies
Is he active? does he respond to you when you go near the tank?
You should try some hikari micro pellets. Thats what I fed my angels when they were about the size of a half dollar. Now they're the size of a roll of scotch magic tape.
stealthypotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:14 AM   #24
partobe
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Hi stealthypotatoes
He does respond when I come over. It does take him a little longer than the others but he comes over. Hes interested in the food he just doesn't like it. I have some micro pellets ill try him with tomorrow. I guess I could try a algae pellet since he nibbles on plants
Old 01-09-2014, 04:04 AM   #25
jczz1232
Planted Tank Obsessed

hmm, don't know what to say. Most angels are not picky. Try freeze dried blackworms. All the fish I have go for these right away. When I first had my Altums this was the only thing they would eat and would not turn these down. Pm if you want more info on where to get some.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:49 PM   #26
partobe
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Hey jczz
Ive tried the freez dried blood worms. He spit them out. Im going to soak them today b4 feeding. I watched him closely last night and he's definitely eating leaves from a small plant. So thats a good thing