Catching a tiger barb in a 46 gallon tank ?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fish

Old 12-23-2007, 08:35 PM   #1
icex
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)

Catching a tiger barb in a 46 gallon tank ?

Hey all,

My Tiger barb keeps chasing my clown loachs around and its pissing me off. I use to have 12 tiger barbs and all of them died except for one within 2 days so I havent bought any fish in awhile. He keeps nipping at the loachs and chasing them around and I'm afraid he's going to stress my loachs to the point of them dieing. My loachs are too expensive for a $2 barb to kill. Is there anyway to catch this tiger barb? I've tried with my net, then putting blood worms in the net and its just to quick to catch. What can I use other than buying a trap to catch the barb? I'm going to put him in another tank or something..

Thanks.
icex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2007, 08:39 PM   #2
spypet
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (56/100%)

do a titles only Advanced Search for the word: catching
spypet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 11:58 PM   #3
asiansensation2000
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by icex View Post
Hey all,

My Tiger barb keeps chasing my clown loachs around and its pissing me off. I use to have 12 tiger barbs and all of them died except for one within 2 days so I havent bought any fish in awhile. He keeps nipping at the loachs and chasing them around and I'm afraid he's going to stress my loachs to the point of them dieing. My loachs are too expensive for a $2 barb to kill. Is there anyway to catch this tiger barb? I've tried with my net, then putting blood worms in the net and its just to quick to catch. What can I use other than buying a trap to catch the barb? I'm going to put him in another tank or something..

Thanks.
Got a good solution. Don't feed your fish for a few days, take a one liter soda bottle and take off any label (I've found a clear bottle works best), cut around the bottle below the neck near the fattest part of the bottle, then invert the cut neck and place it back onto the body of the bottle. Fill it up with your aquarium water and place some food in it. The barb will go after the food but the only way to get in is through the opening of the bottle. Once the barb goes in, you got him, take him out and enjoy the sushi.

Cheers.
Eheim limp #432
asiansensation2000 is offline   Reply With Quote