Endler source, suggestion
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fish

Old 12-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
birdermom
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Endler source, suggestion

Can someone suggest a source for endlers or nano fish? I think I would like the pure strain or give me suggestions on which are the brightest, have the most color...even if it is a hybrid. I am very limited where I am located to go to any lfs and don't always like what I see as far as health. I am very interested in nano fish and have a planted corner 36 gallon(or so) to stock. Will be trying some cherry shrimp in this tank also, so any suggestions of fish in general would be appreciated. Thanks!....oh...would like "easy" fish...lol
birdermom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2013, 12:46 AM   #2
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to wicca27

ive seen some nice endlers from swampyriveraquatics.com, i have never ordered from them but they have some nice ones. keep in mind just about any fish is going to eat shrimp babies and ive seen guppies and neons play tug of war with a shrimp.
wicca27 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2013, 02:10 AM   #3
Fdsh5
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (39/100%)

Yeah, my endlers play what I like to call "musical shrimp". They will circle the sponge filter until they decide the one shrimp they see looks good and pick it off. The population of cherry shrimp is still growing however, but not as fast as other tanks.
Fdsh5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2013, 02:21 AM   #4
Kat12
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (15/100%)

You're not too far from me and like I said on the other forum I have the tiger endlers and will have other types a bit into next year. I had originially planned to keep my RCS with my endlers until I realized how small they shrimp really are. So each species has their own tank.
Kat12 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2013, 12:54 AM   #5
Lia
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicca27 View Post
ive seen some nice endlers from swampyriveraquatics.com, i have never ordered from them but they have some nice ones. keep in mind just about any fish is going to eat shrimp babies and ive seen guppies and neons play tug of war with a shrimp.

I have been to his place and have his red tuxedo endlers .
He has great fish.

I agree that ,The female endlers are NOT good with shrimp. They will eat the babies but the males which are less than half the females size ,from what I have seen are harmless

I have rili shrimp with only males and get lots babies but the females will seek out baby shrimp .

The much bigger ,way more aggressive hybrid guppy/endlers male or female are no good with shrimp.
Lia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2013, 12:56 AM   #6
Lia
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fdsh5 View Post
Yeah, my endlers play what I like to call "musical shrimp". They will circle the sponge filter until they decide the one shrimp they see looks good and pick it off. The population of cherry shrimp is still growing however, but not as fast as other tanks.

Even your males will do that?

I have my males with shrimp in planted tank , the population of shrimp continues to grow but when I had just 2 females it was lethal for the baby shrimp.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:57 AM   #7
Lia
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdermom View Post
Can someone suggest a source for endlers or nano fish? I think I would like the pure strain or give me suggestions on which are the brightest, have the most color...even if it is a hybrid. I am very limited where I am located to go to any lfs and don't always like what I see as far as health. I am very interested in nano fish and have a planted corner 36 gallon(or so) to stock. Will be trying some cherry shrimp in this tank also, so any suggestions of fish in general would be appreciated. Thanks!....oh...would like "easy" fish...lol
I wonder if White cloud Mt minnows would work out ?

Maybe those with them would know.
Old 12-25-2013, 01:35 AM   #8
TekWarren
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)

I keep orchid endlers and have never seen them bother my red cherry shrimp...and the female Endlers can get real piggy.
TekWarren is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.